VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Co-editing with my VA in the Philippines (using proxy video and cloud storage)

Hey Derek,

I would like to use Proxy Video and some sort of file sharing co-edit with my VA in the Philippines (I am in the US)- we both have Movie Studio Platinum V.13x.

How would you recommend sharing the video, project, and other files for this purpose? Dropbox or similar cloud storage? Something else?

I realize that we will have to edit at different times. I'm hoping that with the smaller file sizes of the proxy video it will be doable with cloud storage or other easy file sharing. If you have any other tips for this process, please let me know. I am intent on finding a way to make this work!

Thank you so much!!
Eric
by maveric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I don't see a way to change the location of the proxy video files. I need it to be outside of the folder that the original video file is in, or it defeats my purpose. Any ideas? I 've looked through the settings and didn't see anything.

I'm pretty sure you're going to say I would be better off using this method:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/262-proxy-video-editing-with-sony-vegas

I will wait for your reply before I move forward with that.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 01:04 by maveric

This is something you will have to work out with yourself and editing partner.
Someone has to be in charge of the Master Video Files.
So if you use my Proxy Video Editing method, one person has to be in charge of the original HD and Proxy Versions.

I saw a video about this very topic a few days ago.
I think it would be a good idea if you watched it, because they suggested some better alternatives to using Dropbox.
Here is the video:
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Sep 2014 00:42 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: maveric

EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you!!! :D
by maveric

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.794 seconds