VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Upgrading in Sony Movie Studio - un-installing earlier version?

• BAW9DV
  • BAW9DV's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 3
Derek,

I am aware that you keep many versions of Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Pro on your system to allow you to put together these great tutorials amongst other things.

I began Sony Vegas usage by purchasing Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11 HD Platinum (on disk) and then upgraded to version 12.0 64-bit by purchasing the download file and installing. In an earlier discussion, you mentioned that it would be a better option for me to create ALL my work now using the 12.0 version (I used to do DVDs with 12.0 and stuff for YouTube in version 11.0 HD).

I am planning to upgrade to Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum Suite at some stage soon (get all the wonderful extras like the ability to edit audio as well as video) and will probably buy the download version (it is a £51 upgrade for me).

My question is, should I un-install any earlier versions I have of the programme? Some "upgrades" require that they detect your earlier version before they will install the newer version.

Thanks for your great work,

Lee
Lee James
West Sussex UK
by BAW9DV
The following user(s) said Thank You: billr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You do not need to un-install older versions before installing a newer version.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Sep 2014 00:43 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: billr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.743 seconds