VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Using Arrow keys in Vegas Movie Studio to edit on timeline

I was wondering if Arrow keys can be used when editing on the timeline to make small movements a mouse may not be able to make and if so what are the keys to use.
Last Edit:06 Jan 2019 11:41 by dixiedasher72

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Using Arrow keys in Vegas Movie Studio to edit on timeline

Posted 06 Jan 2019 11:50 #2
Hold down the ALT key while you press < > keys and it will move frame by frame.

You can also do small increments with any Slider control in Vegas by using 2 methods:
1. Hold down the CTRL key and use the wheel on your mouse (example = Volume slider for track controls)
2. Hold down the CTRL key and drag slider with mouse pointer (example = Slider controls in Video FX windows)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Using Arrow keys in Vegas Movie Studio to edit on timeline

Posted 06 Jan 2019 19:43 #3
You can also use the Numeric Keypad to finely move, extend or trim events which I find useful. They can be found in Help/Keyboard Shortcuts under Event selection & editing.
by ericlnz

Replied by dixiedasher72 on topic Using Arrow keys in Vegas Movie Studio to edit on timeline

Posted 06 Jan 2019 20:01 #4
Thank you for the tips I was actually referring to syncing audio from a camera to audio from a studio. I have not used a clapper board so I am syncing audio the hard way.
I was just wondering if I can make small movements when syncing audio.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Using Arrow keys in Vegas Movie Studio to edit on timeline

Posted 07 Jan 2019 00:29 #5

I was just wondering if I can make small movements when syncing audio.

Make sure to zoom all the way in on the timeline, so you are down to the Frame by Frame level.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Jan 2019 00:30 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.736 seconds