Solved Best tutorial/instruction on keyframes/animation?

• Thank you received: 2

Best tutorial/instruction on keyframes/animation? was created by matonanjin

The title should be self-explanatory. I need to figure out how to use keyframes/animation in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. I'm about a week into trialing Vegas Movie Studio Platinum having looked at several others, mostly open source ones, Kdenlive, Openshot, etc. I'm 76.3% sure I'm going to go with Vegas. I digress but I mention the others because their keyframes and animation seem way more intuitive.

If I go into the "Event Pan and Crop" everything seems backwards or counter intuitive. I tried at first zooming there and then when I previewed it ended up with a HUGE photo on the screen. The opposite of what I want.:woohoo: What I want to do is start with a photo in the upper left corner, a tiny one. And then have it enlarge as it moves down to the center. With the others I mentioned you can actually move and size the image on the screen and the animation window follows along.

I think this should be very easy for one who knows what he or she is doing.

I've looked at videos here and don't seem to find what I'm looking for. It's probably there I just don't find it. I'm not opposed to purchasing instruction.
09 Jan 2019 06:05 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1282

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Best tutorial/instruction on keyframes/animation?

Hi matonanjin and welcome to the MSZ Forum

I do have an old tutorial which should help you here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/560-sony-vegas-zen-tips-10-creating-a-slideshow

Here is a screen shot showing what the Event Pan/Crop window should look like to create what you described.
1. You need to pay close attention to the controls on the side - if these are not set correctly, it will stop certain movements from working.
2. If you turn on the Sync Cursor button, what you do in the Event Pan/Crop window will also show in the Preview window - however be careful not to accidentally create extra key-frames - if this happens, just delete them.
3. Zoom out the work space first, by using the wheel on your mouse in a blank area of window.
4. Drag a corner to zoom out - this will leave image in a corner and make it smaller
5. Move along a few second in the key-frame timeline drag corner or rectangle back to the center OR right-click and select Restore - a new key-frame will automatically be created now. That's it.

There is also another tool in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum which can be used to move the video frame around - Track Motion
I recommend you read/watch this tutorial, because it will explain how you can use a combination of the Event Pan/Crop and Track Motion windows, to create more complex effects.

www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/546-multi-screen-video-fx-sony-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: matonanjin
09 Jan 2019 09:42 #2
Attachments:

Replied by matonanjin on topic Best tutorial/instruction on keyframes/animation?

Thank you for the very fast response and the suggestions.
I'm sure those will be helpful.
Thanks again,
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
09 Jan 2019 11:29 #3

Replied by matonanjin on topic Best tutorial/instruction on keyframes/animation?

Those videos helped, DoctorZen. But Gawd, animation is difficult and non-intuitive in VMS. And the screen makes it so hard to move things around. It is so much easier in Kdenlive. Oh well. I'll study it some more,
Thank you again.
10 Jan 2019 00:46 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Zen Social Media

MOVIESTUDIOZEN.COM

© Copyright 2018. Movie Studio Zen. All Rights Reserved.

Support Movie Studio Zen

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

Translate Language

MSZ Security

Positive SSL