VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How do I separate the audio from the video of a clip I added?

I've added a movie clip that I want to either bleep audio for certain words (profanity) or otherwise cover up the audio during those words. I think I need to de-couple the audio from the video, but I cannot figure out how to do that. I know I can split the entire video/audio and cut out those words, but it chops up the clip. Help? Thank you in advance,
John
Last Edit:31 Jan 2019 00:28 by johnlindy777

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic How do I separate the audio from the video of a clip I added?

Posted 30 Jan 2019 10:21 #2
Hi John,

Right click on the audio and scroll down to hoover over the 'Group', then from that pop-up select 'Remove from'. The video and audio will now be un-grouped and whatever you do to the audio track will not effect the video track.

I would suggest before you un-group the audio and start making changes to save your project, and remember 'Ctrl-Z' is your friend if things get wacked up.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How do I separate the audio from the video of a clip I added?

Posted 30 Jan 2019 11:17 #3
You can also use the keyboard shortcut U
Press on top of video you want to un-group and press U.

To join Video and Audio back together, select Video and Audio (hold CTRL down), then press G
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.725 seconds