VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Video clips from Sony DCR-TRV 330E to edit with SMS v.12

• billr
  • billr's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Video clips from Sony DCR-TRV 330E to edit with SMS v.12 was created by billr

Posted 27 Apr 2014 00:58 #1
Thanks for your patience. Sorry for placing my posts in the wrong web area.

Summary of posts.
Camcorder TRV 330E uses Digital 8 tapes to record video.
I am using Sony Movie Studio Suite v.12 with Win 7 Pro 64 bit OS.
I have not installed any graphics card to date due to uncertainties with Sony/nVidea cards.
Having now read your excellent udated GPU suggestions will probably go for AMD and forget nVidea
I no longer use my previous (XP) computer on line and will use the new Win 7 model as follows:-
Operating System:-
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 27 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-DELUXE (SOCKET 1150) 29 °C
Graphics
M237WDP (1920x1080@59Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
1863GB ATA ST2000DM001-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 30 °C
119GB ATA Samsung SSD 840 SCSI Disk Device (SSD) 26 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GE20LU11 USB Device
ASUS DRW-24B5ST SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Once again I apologise for my errors and sincerely thank you for all the help I have received.
Bill Robinson
by billr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Video clips from Sony DCR-TRV 330E to edit with SMS v.12

Posted 27 Apr 2014 01:23 #2
Wow !
You have a very powerful computer.
An AMD R9 280, R9 280x, R9 290 or R9 290X would match well with your system.

This is one of those rare times where I am unable to assist you any further with capturing DV Tape.
I have never done the process myself, so have no real world experience.
Have you read the HELP - Contents and Index file inside the program itself ?

Have you read all the articles on the Sony Creative Software website ?
Check this here
OR
Searched the Sony Forum ?
Always check the Vegas Pro Forum first, even if you are using Movie Studio.

Also check with Creative Cow Sony Vegas Forum
and
Creative Cow Vegas Sony Vegas Basics Forum
Creative Cow goes back years and/or you could ask your question here.
The guys on this forum have been using Vegas for years and would be familiar with using Tape.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• billr
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by billr on topic Video clips from Sony DCR-TRV 330E to edit with SMS v.12

Posted 27 Apr 2014 02:26 #3
Thanks again Derek, - yes I have searched (and read!) all of the forums and help files suggested. will take your advice once more and 'If all else fails, make a nice cup of tea and dream of Unicorns'
Bill
by billr

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Video clips from Sony DCR-TRV 330E to edit with SMS v.12

Posted 27 Apr 2014 12:42 #4
If I could teleport myself to your house, then I could have a crack at fixing your problem.

Have you sent a Support Request to Sony yet ? Forgive me if you have already told me this.
If you did send a support request, make sure to tell them which model camera you are using. Since it is a Sony, they may know a trick about it.

The reference to Unicorns is from the 1982 movie Blade Runner with Harrison Ford.
If you have never seen this movie, you should buy a copy. It is a Sci-Fi classic of classics.
The Soundtrack by Vangelis is even more outstanding ! I have not stopped listening to it for 25 years. The best time to listen to this is a night time with headphones on. It will transport you to another world very quickly. Highly recommended.
The original working title for the movie was something like "Do Androids Dream ?".
One of the characters dreams of Unicorns.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Apr 2014 12:57 by DoctorZen

• billr
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by billr on topic Video clips from Sony DCR-TRV 330E to edit with SMS v.12

Posted 27 Apr 2014 17:11 #5
Derek
For your Info. As you can see this is of no use, and only led to more 'passing the parcel' between the various sony forums etc.. Regards and thanks again.
Bill.

Original Message
Subject: RE: RE: Sony Support E-mail | Sony Support Email 10189328 [case:10189328][email:291703616]
Date: 4 Mar 2014 17:15:19 +0100
To: billrobinson6@gmail.com

Dear Mr Robinson

Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding DCR-TRV330E.

We are sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue while you are connecting the DCR-TRV330E with the computer.

Regarding your query, In attempt to be of a some assistance I would recommend to contact Sony Creative Software as they will have enough resources about the Sony movie studio 12 suite by following the link below:

www.sonycreativesoftware.com/support/technicalsupport.asp

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Yours sincerely

Mahmoud Abdelhafez

Sony Customer Support

Sony Europe Limited

Email: via www.sony.co.uk

Phone: 0844 8466 555

Phone: VAIO out of warranty - 0905 031 0006 (35p/min plus network charges)

Phone: Ireland in warranty /out of warranty numbers: 01407 3040 / 1530 501002 (33 cent/min plus network charges)

Sony United Kingdom and Ireland, a division of Sony Europe Limited.

A company registered in England and Wales. Registered office:

The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0XW

Registered company number: 2422874

To: customersupport.en@eu.sony.com
Cc:
Sent: 03/03/2014 16:33:56
Subject: Sony Support Email 10189328

I have recently updated to Win 7 Pro 64 bit and have installed sony movie studio 12 suite.
When i attempt to capture footage from my TRV 330E i receive an error message stating that my device is in use by another programme and i cannot proceed with the capture.
I am connected to the pc via a PCIe firewire card and have tried several firewire cables (and usb) to no avail.
Please advise if you have a solution and state if i need to install new drivers etc.
I previously used Win XP with v.11 of vegas movie studio which served well.
by billr

Posted 27 Apr 2014 18:11 #6
The problem must be to do with Driver compatibility, Firewire connections and Windows 7/8.
My gut feeling is if you can find the correct Driver, it will start to work.
I just did a quick Google search for these words "support for Sony DCR-TRV330E windows 7 drivers firewire".
Have you read any of these three articles:

1. superuser.com/questions/121849/x64-windows-7-wont-recognize-my-sony-dv-cam-dcr-trv330-through-firewire
2. forum.videohelp.com/threads/343433-Capturing-DV-camcorder-to-laptop-w-o-firewire-port
3. us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42945/c/65,66/p/36919,37358,37382/

There are always problems when you try to connect old technology to a modern computer and different Operating System.

• billr
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Posted 27 Apr 2014 20:14 #7
Thanks Derek,
Have read and tried all the items referenced on the links above but none are referring to the problems I am experiencing.
To summarise:-

When the camcorder is connected via firewire card, with LEGACY 1394 driver, Sony MS 12 reports error re. device being in use by other programme - None are open!

When using Adobe Premier Elements 12 with the same connected camera etc. -All is well and required DVD is produced.

I do not have the original CD associated with the camcorder - (it was stolen by thieves when I had retuned to the UK) and I am unable to obtain a copy from Sony. As a result ( against my better judgement) I am reliant on MS Windows Driver installation.

Why can Adobe function When Sony can not? Perhaps we will never know.
Best wishes
Bill
Last Edit:03 Sep 2014 01:02 by billr

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.772 seconds