VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16 vs Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 10
Can someone explain the difference between MS suite & MS Platinum, please. (Apart from £30 that is)
Last Edit:02 Mar 2019 13:21 by Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16 vs Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16

Posted 27 Feb 2019 04:34 #2
Hi Brian,

Both the Suite edition and Platinum edition, the Movie Studio program is the Platinum version. When you purchase Platinum it will most likely come with 1 or 2 add-on's. The Suite edition includes more add-on's. If you like the add-on's included with the Suite edition it is a bargain. If you feel you have no use for the listed add-on's then the Platinum edition may be your best value.

Here is a comparison chart that shows the differences between the three editions, Movie Studio 16, Platinum and Suite: www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/sem/vegas-movie-studio/product-comparison/#productMenu

I would not recommend the Movie Studio 16 edition, as you can see it has some restrictions compared to the other two. So for just a few bucks more you get a lot more value.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:27 Feb 2019 16:01 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Replied by vkmast on topic Movies Studio Suite

Posted 27 Feb 2019 04:38 #3
Basically Vegas Movie Studio Suite is the same as Platinum. The Suite package includes some extra add-ons.

The current Product Comparison table is here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-movie-studio/product-comparison/#productMenu

edit: I see George got here first with his usual impeccable account of the case. Most of us will agree with what he says about Movie Studio, especially regarding the current version.

and edit OT: Q to Dr re / sem / in G's link?
Last Edit:27 Feb 2019 05:18 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Brian

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16 vs Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16

Posted 27 Feb 2019 16:00 #4
Each time a new version of Vegas Movie Studio is released, a different package of "bonus features" is put together for the Suite version.
Sometimes the bonus features that come with the Suite version can be a hit or miss.

I highly recommend Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16, because of the quality New Blue FX and Transitions that are included this time.
If you intend to do any type of Green Screen (Chroma Key) work, the included NewBlue Chroma Key Pro plugin is worth the extra cost and a great addition.

Included bonus features in Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Feb 2019 16:01 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Replied by iNate on topic Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16 vs Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16

Posted 28 Feb 2019 16:18 #5
The good parts of MSP Suite is actually the NewBlue Titler Express, because VEGAS [generally] has bad titling tooling, and the NBFX Transitions Ultimate package.

Things like Mode-based workflow and Storyboards I don't generally consider that big of a deal, because anyone using MSP is likely using it because of the fact that it gives the same base experience [and 75% of the functionality] of a VEGAS Pro editor at a steeply discounted price. Other [cheaper] consumer NLEs have been doing that other stuff for years, and have a more polished workflow from that standpoint...

VEGAS Movie Studio probably is a big catalyst behind Sony not seeing much point in developing VEGAS Pro heavily. The "Consumer SKU" almost completely the Pro SKU. MAGIX is trying to combat this by giving upgrade pricing from MSP -> Pro and basically giving Pro away (multiple Humble Bundles over the past year or so) to get people on the upgrade gravy train, there... But I think they probably would have benefitted more simply by killing MSP, offering cheap upgrades to Pro Edit, and dropping the MSRP of Pro Edit down to $199 with $99 upgrades (lower end users could just upgrade every other year at same overall cost).

Moderator Edit: I have deleted the first half of your message, because I do not want to encourage people using burner email addresses.
Last Edit:01 Mar 2019 20:37 by iNate
Attachments:

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16 vs Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16

Posted 28 Feb 2019 23:05 #6
Thanks for your last reply. I have MS 15 Platinum, is it worth upgrading to 16 Platinum yet or at all?

Regards Brian
by Brian

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16 vs Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16

Posted 01 Mar 2019 08:08 #7
Brian, in my opinion yes but your needs may be different. Download the 30 day trial and find out whether it is worthwhile for you.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic Vegas Movie Studio Suite 16 vs Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16

Posted 01 Mar 2019 21:51 #8
Thanks. I use MSP for editing my HD holiday movies but also I digitise lots of old 8mm home movies and some shots are very unsteady so a stabilising add-on would be useful. I have found that the current stabilise add-on with MSP 15 is not very good at all.

Regards Brian.
by Brian

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.813 seconds