VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 takes a long time to boot up

Has anyone else noticed a pretty significant increase in the time that it takes MS 16 to boot vs MS 15? Seems like I could go get a cold drink while the program gets to the project screen.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:25 Mar 2019 16:36 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 takes a long time to boot up

Posted 25 Mar 2019 03:02 #2
I have noticed there is a slowdown when it is 'Creating Windows....', takes about 10 seconds compared to Vegas Pro 16 taking about 1 second. However, my MS13, MS15 also take about 10 seconds at the same spot. I don't remember it taking that long in the past, but not sure when it started. It has been that way for me for a while.

Is yours also slowing down at 'Creating Windows...', and about how long does it take?
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:25 Mar 2019 16:36 by Eagle Six

I would be verrrrrry happy with 10 seconds! That's how long it used to take my MS 15 to get done "Creating Windows". I just timed it and the "Creating Windows" screen hung on for 40 seconds before the project screen pops in.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:25 Mar 2019 16:36 by huskereurocat

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 takes a long time to boot up

Posted 25 Mar 2019 04:56 #4
See my suggestion to do a full reset in your other thread about the sub-clips.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:25 Mar 2019 16:37 by Eagle Six

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 takes a long time to boot up

Posted 25 Mar 2019 16:45 #5
If Vegas Movie Studio Platinum is taking a long time to boot up and getting stuck at the Creating Windows stage, this is a known bug that was introduced to the program when Movie Studio Platinum 13 was released.

This problem does not effect Vegas Pro versions.

I have reported this bug directly to the Vegas development team, however I get the feeling it must be very low in the list of priorities.
I have been reporting this problem since version 13 was released and have given up any hope of it being fixed soon.

The problem is being caused by how Vegas is reading any third party OFX Video Effects you may have installed on your computer.
The more 3rd party Video FX you have installed, the worse the problem gets.
The specific folder that causes the problem is this one:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins

If you temporarily move any plugins out of this folder and boot up Vegas, you should see no delay at all.
However if you do this, these Video FX will not load in Vegas.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast, huskereurocat

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 takes a long time to boot up

Posted 25 Mar 2019 20:48 #6
DoctorZen wrote: "The more 3rd party Video FX you have installed, the worse the problem gets."

+1. This has been my experience as well.
by vkmast

Awesome stuff Doc!! It booted in 3 seconds this time. I do just fine with the VEGAS stock FX for what I do, so this is great.
Thanks!
Last Edit:26 Mar 2019 16:05 by huskereurocat
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.855 seconds