VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea How to Download an original copy of Vegas installation files?

• patlaw
  • patlaw's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
After having version 11 since it was new and never using it, I decided to upgrade to version 16, which I did. I purchased the "download" version without buying the backup DVD, which I can make on my own. Except that I can't. The downloaded files are the download manager files, not the program files, as suggested by the website. Since I keep programs for longer than most people, I don't trust the online installation files. They can be removed at any time. If I need to reinstall the program after a hard drive crash or after getting a new computer, which will happen before too long, I want to make sure I have the program, as would be the case if I had the DVD.

Is there a way to save the executables after doing the installation from the DLM? I haven't installed the program yet as I'm going to cancel the sale if the executables are not available. I'll buy the DVD version instead.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2019 15:43 by patlaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to Download an original copy of Vegas installation files?

Posted 27 Mar 2019 15:55 #2
Hi Patlaw

There is no need to burn a copy of Vegas onto a DVD!

I am also like yourself and keep a large library of all my Programs, but I stopped making DVD backups 10 years ago!
Inside my Documents folder, I have created a folder called Program Installation Files, which is where I store copies of every program on my computer.
This folder is backed up every week onto my backup drive.

When you run the installer for any MAGIX program, it actually downloads a copy of all the programs and apps that come with the software.
So in the event that you need to reinstall a bought program from many years ago, you can do so from inside the Magix Downloads folder.

Go to your Documents folder right now and you will discover a folder has been created that is called MAGIX Downloads.
Inside this master folder you will also find another folder called Installationsmanager.
Here you will find original copies of every Magix program you have installed.
As long as you are doing full backups of your computer that include your Documents folder, you will have backups/copies of the programs you are asking about.

There really is no need to burn DVD copies any more, if you use this method.

Regards
Derek

p.s.
Inside the Magix Downloads folder, I have also created a folder called Installers.
Here I save a copy of all the small installer files, that download the program files.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Mar 2019 15:58 by DoctorZen

• patlaw
  • patlaw's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by patlaw on topic How to Download an original copy of Vegas installation files?

Posted 27 Mar 2019 21:18 #3
Perfect. Thank you!
by patlaw
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.724 seconds