VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Re-creating a custom segway

Re-creating a custom segway was created by huskereurocat

Posted 04 Apr 2019 03:06 #1
Currently I have recorded a segway clip that I would like to re-create in MSP16 or at least come close. Linked it below. I use this between two other clips with a simple crossover transition to run them together and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? I have a segway for CBS, FOX and NBC. However, I can't get one for ABC, ESPN or Monday Night Football. I have the logo that I would like to use for the network but I need to be able to put it in a format, fairly similar to the segway that is on the clip. Or create a totally new segway with my logos that I could transition together. Point is that I don't have the ABC segway or recorded footage that I can draw from, just the logo as a still photo. I figured out how to use the pan feature to do some editing for motion, but can't figure out how to get the 3d animation in the photo using the pan feature. Any thoughts?

Segway video
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Re-creating a custom segway

Posted 04 Apr 2019 12:44 #2
Which exact part of the video are you talking about ?
Please supply time stamps.
There are many different parts in that sample you provided.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Apr 2019 12:44 by DoctorZen

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Re-creating a custom segway

Posted 04 Apr 2019 13:30 #3
The reddish neon FOX NFL segway found at :11 seconds is what I'm referring to. Its a small 2-3 second clip that I would like to make something similar. On each end it kind of segways between the recorded game footage before and after it. I would like to be able to create something that would have a swoosh effect. I know how to use the pan feature to move a still from left to right, but can you do a near to far at the same time? And of course make it do that neat little wiping action that it does as well?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Re-creating a custom segway

Posted 04 Apr 2019 15:23 #4
This type of event was probably originally made in a program like Adobe After Effects.
It maybe difficult to try and replicate this by only using Vegas Movie Studio.

Maybe another forum member will have a better solution?

This is one of those occasions where Vegas Pro is more suitable.
With Vegas Pro, you would use the Track Motion window and switch on 3D Source Alpha.
This turns on X, Y and Z axis editing, so that you can tilt the video plane backwards on one side, to create the perspective effect.
You would also probably need to add some Event Pan/Crop to create the panning effect.

If you don't have access to Vegas Pro, I normally recommend people use the free version of Hitfilm called Hitfilm Express.
This will give you the ability to edit in 3D space.
fxhome.com/hitfilm-express

Hitfilm has a great YouTube channel and community support forum.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Apr 2019 15:24 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Posted 04 Apr 2019 16:18 #5
If I had vegas pro, it would be preferred, correct? It would be much more familiar than having to learn Hitfilm, correct?

Posted 05 Apr 2019 06:27 #6
I have a trial copy of vegas pro and have messed around with the track motion. I can set keyframes like you do with the pan feature, but it doesn't seem to matter. The motion is distributed across the entire hour and 20 minute track. Kind of like it doesn't even notice the keyframe that I placed in the track.
Is there no way that this motion is possible inside the clip itself?

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Re-creating a custom segway

Posted 05 Apr 2019 10:20 #7
Hi huskereurocat,

This sample was done with VP16 using Track Motion/3D Alpha. It is pretty much exactly like your sample with the exception of the transition graphic I used to replace that of the game capture. In your sample, they faded to black, faded in to the graphic, and then did a dissolve from graphic to action. The graphic was simply rotating (flipping), so I did something similar to that using a simple 2D png still 'NFL'. The graphic you use can be as simple or complicated as you like and you could even put in multiple layers with other graphics or lights going in different directions.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek

Posted 05 Apr 2019 13:39 #8
Outstanding! How did you get the track motion to just change the motion of the still? I use the 3D alpha with key frames and my changes get reflected to the whole length of the track, not just between my key frames. The still that I want to have motion is the only thing that is on that track as well.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Re-creating a custom segway

Posted 06 Apr 2019 01:47 #9
They say a picture worth thousand words!

I have included the still photo title and the veg Project File (Vegas Pro 16). If you created the sample you posted in the OP, rename it to 'M19 Jets.mp4' or download load it (720p) and name it 'M19 Jets.mp4'. Place all three into a folder and load the 'Segue-01.veg' project into Vegas Pro 16. Place the play head at the beginning of the still in track 1 and click on the Track Motion icon in the track 1 header. You can then see the settings and key frames that are used. Tinker around with it to see what changes what from the first key frame to the second key frame.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:06 Apr 2019 01:49 by Eagle Six
Attachments:

Posted 06 Apr 2019 07:44 #10
Both attachments can only be viewed as a link or it can be copied as a link. Neither one are downloadable. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.903 seconds