VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Boris Continuum Film Style Unit serial # issue

Boris Continuum Film Style Unit serial # issue was created by keithd16

Posted 02 May 2019 14:30 #1
Hello,
I've previously asked this question and I'm sorry to have to ask again but I lost the answer I was given.

Anyhow, I'd like to know what I can do to eliminate the words that appear on my screen on the preview window of Movie Studio Platinum 14 that reads, "This Boris FX product is in trial mode. To purchase a license for this software, please call Boris FX sales at 1-888-77-Boris or visit Borisfx.com." I just recently purchased Movie Studio Platinum Suite 16 last night so I don't see why I should purchase anything else in order to eliminate those words from my preview window and also not see them after I render a copy of any video or movie. Please let me know as soon as possible if I can get a solution here.

Thanks
Keith
Last Edit:06 Jun 2019 15:21 by keithd16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Boris Continuum Film Style Unit serial # issue

Posted 02 May 2019 16:11 #2
Which exact Boris FX product do you have installed ?
Go to your Windows Control Panel and search "Add or Remove Programs" in top right search box.
Sort Publisher column alphabetically and find all Boris FX, then let me know what you have installed.
If you don't see the Publisher column, right-click the top Menu bar for programs and turn it on.

Please supply an example of which BorisFX are showing a watermark ?

To the best of my knowledge, no Boris FX were ever sold with the standard versions of Vegas MSP 14 or Vegas MSP 16.
However, if you bought an upgrade to any version of Vegas in the past, it may have come with some Boris FX.
Magix is always changing the type bonus features that come as extras when you buy an Upgrade to Vegas.
I do remember different Boris FX being sold with Vegas upgrades.

Boris FX that come as extras with Vegas, are always limited versions of the software.
This means that Boris FX that were sold with a particular version of Vegas, may be locked to only work in that version of Vegas.

There is also a second scenario that effects only Boris FX.
If you own more than one type of Boris FX that came packaged as a bonus with any version of Vegas, you can only install and use one version of Boris FX at a time.

Example:
Bought upgrade to Vegas MSP 14 and also got BorisFX version 10.
One year later you buy upgrade Vegas MSP15 and also get Boris FX version 11.
If you install version 11 of Boris FX over the top of version 10, only version 11 effects will work in Vegas and version 10 effects will deactivate and show a watermark.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 May 2019 16:11 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds