VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Platinum 13 crashing

Platinum 13 crashing was created by Darylkh

Posted 08 Sep 2014 15:04 #1
Very frustrating at the moment - my rendering attempts (to make a DVD with menus)keep crashing - not sure why obviously. The problem report looks like this:
Extra Information
File: C:\Users\Daryl\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\13.0\dx_video_grovel_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Daryl\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\13.0\svfx_video_grovel_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Daryl\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\13.0\ocio_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Daryl\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\13.0\dx_grovel_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Daryl\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\13.0\gpu_video_x86.log
File: G:\Videos using Movie Studio Platinum\Bathurst and Mudgee 2014\Bathurst and Mudgee trip 2014\Bathurst and Mudgee trip 2014.vf

Problem Description
Application Name: Movie Studio Platinum
Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 931)
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 13.0\moviestudioplatinum130k.dll
Fault Address: 0x54850584
Fault Offset: 0x00140584

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum 13.0\MovieStudioPlatinum130.exe
Process Version: Version 13.0 (Build 931)
Process Description: Movie Studio Platinum
Process Image Date: 2014-04-25 (Fri Apr 25) 02:37:16
Any clues? - have set properties as best I can and have made quite a few videos before without this problem. Have just done a registry check and makes no difference
by Darylkh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Platinum 13 crashing

Posted 08 Sep 2014 16:08 #2
Hi Daryl

I don't know what those crash reports mean, because I am not a programmer.
Only someone at Sony Creative Software would understand them.

I will assume you have read/watched my tutorial on this topic.

The first thing you should do is a full program reset.
This will clean the Movie Studio cache and restore all settings to Factory Default values.
Sometimes errors in the cache can cause strange problems. Doing just this may fix your problem.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas/DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

If this does not fix the problem, then look at this.
Most crashes are caused by a particular Video Fx you have added and/or your Graphics Card.

Do you have a dedicated Graphics Card installed ?
If so, which model ?
Make sure the Drivers for your Graphics Card are up to date.
A lot of people have "out of date" Drivers which can cause problems.

If you do have a Graphics Card installed, is it turned ON or OFF.
Go to Options - Preferences - Video tab.
Check GPU Acceleration setting.
If the GPU is turned ON, turn it OFF - re-boot Movie Studio and then try to re-render the video.
While you are still in this window, what value is the Dynamic RAM set to ?
If you have set it higher than 200MB, return it to 200MB.

Have you added any Video Fx to your project ?
If so, which ones are you using ?
If you still experience a crash after doing ALL the things above, you most likely have a Video Effect that is playing up.
Please let me know which effects you are using.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Sep 2014 15:26 by DoctorZen

Replied by Darylkh on topic Platinum 13 crashing

Posted 08 Sep 2014 21:28 #3
Thanks Derek
After some knashing of teeth and of course checking that the settings are as you recommended, I rebuilt the project (only about 8 minutes of slideshow and a short mp4 video) and went for it again. Got to 92% and stopped.
Restarted the program, loaded the saved project, checked settings and started rendering again. This time it worked.
Don't know why the program has played up this time. As I said I have used it and two earlier versions with the only main trouble being getting used to using safe areas in DVD Architect. These seem critical and could not emphasise it enough for someone starting with the software.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Darylkh
by Darylkh

Replied by Holescreek on topic Platinum 13 crashing

Posted 18 Sep 2014 11:03 #4
Check to see if your PC components meet the minimum requirements of the program. I was having the same problem with a different program/computer combo trying to render AVCHD files. When I bought Movie Studio 13 Platinum I also had to replace the computer I was using due to onboard memory and processor limitations. The new setup I have runs very smoothly.

My old setup was able to render very short HD clips, it wasn't until they ran over a couple of minutes that the program choked.
Last Edit:18 Sep 2014 11:07 by Holescreek

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds