Solved Movie Studio Platinum 13- edit/render clips with different frame rates

• Thank you received: 1

Movie Studio Platinum 13- edit/render clips with different frame rates was created by Vidchick

Derek,

I saw your reply to someone about working in MS16 but was wondering about MSP13 and other frame rates/differences in video clips. My question here, your answer to them below in quotes.

I have a 2hr video shot by folks with a fancy professional camera at 23.97fps, 1920/1080 and my clip is 29.97fps, 1440/1080. The audio bit rates are different.

Their mp4 file is the bulk of my end video. 2hrs 24 min, I just added 1 min clip from the 00029.MTS file, 1 jpeg and 2 title screens.

Please tell me what problems I might encounter since the frame rates are not multiples as you state below. Can I get away with it since the 29.97fps clip is so small compared to the rest of the video shot at 23.97? Attached are screen shots of the details for each clip.

I will be importing to DVD Architect 5 to fit on a 4.7gb Verbatim single layer DVD since the final video is 02:24:29;06.

{""What is the best way to handle the two different resolution video files on the same timeline without having to use the Pan & Crop function for each clip?

You shouldn't have to use Event Pan/Crop when using 2 different video resolutions.
It doesn't matter what size the video frame is, anything placed on the timeline will automatically fill the frame.

Normally if you are mixing 1080p and 4K video in the same project, it is best to set the Project Properties to match the lower resolution.
Set the Project Properties to 1080p settings, then everything will look good at 1080p.
You can also then zoom in on the 4K video if needed and you won't lose any quality in the final render.

Technically you can mix different frame rates in the same project, but in reality it is not a good idea.
It is OK to mix frame rates that are using the same multiple, like 30fps and 60fps or 25fps and 50fps.
If mixing 30fps and 60fps, set the project to 30fps and render to 30fps.
If mixing 25fps and 50fps, set the project to 25fps and render to 25fps.

Regards
Derek ""}

Thanks!
Vidchick

14 May 2019 03:49 #1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1282

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 13- edit/render clips with different frame rates

Sorry for the delay in replying Vidchick :unsure:
I have been offline for a few days and just got back to planet Earth.

Please tell me what problems I might encounter since the frame rates are not multiples as you state below. Can I get away with it since the 29.97fps clip is so small compared to the rest of the video shot at 23.97? Attached are screen shots of the details for each clip.

I will be importing to DVD Architect 5 to fit on a 4.7gb Verbatim single layer DVD since the final video is 02:24:29;06.

You shouldn't experience any problems mixing 23.976 fps and 29.97 fps video.

1. The most important thing is to match your Vegas Movie Studio project property settings to the Professional video shot at 23.976 fps.
2. When you import your tiny 1440x1080 video, make sure Movie Studio does not match/change your Project Property settings.
3. When it is time to render the project, Movie Studio will automatically convert your 1440x1080 video into This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. fps.

If you are using single layer 4.7 GB discs, you will need to use Mark's Bit Rate calculator to work out your custom bit rates, so that when the video is rendered with Vegas it will fit perfectly onto a single disc.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/493-how-to-compress-a-long-video-onto-a-dvd

Here are some settings to start with. I have set the safety margin to 3%.
The actual amount of video that fits onto a single layer 4.7GB disc is 4.38GBs
After you render your video and audio files with Vegas, find the new files and add their file sizes together. If the total file size is smaller than 4.38GBs, you could reduce the safety margin setting and try a second render, so that you get the MAXIMUM quality out of your videos.

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vidchick
16 May 2019 18:21 #2
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Zen Social Media

MOVIESTUDIOZEN.COM

© Copyright 2018. Movie Studio Zen. All Rights Reserved.

Support Movie Studio Zen

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

Translate Language

MSZ Security

Positive SSL