VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Sync issues with multiple video layers.

Sync issues with multiple video layers. was created by Joey_Bix_69

Posted 27 May 2019 03:58 #1
Hi Derek,

It's been a long time since we corresponded, but you helped me with some Sony Vegas editing questions many years ago and now I've upgraded to Sony Vegas Home Studio Platinum 14. I made a video with many different video layers and different fades/transitions. I saved it to my computer and when I play it in Windows Media Player, it plays fine. But, when I uploaded saved video to YouTube, one of the video layers (drums) was slightly out of sync with the song, but other videos were perfectly in sync. What do you think is the problem? I didn't render the video, instead I used the "Make Movie" save feature, then I clicked the "Save it to my hard drive" button. Then I played saved video in Windows Media Player and it looked great, the edits were the same as they looked before. But, when I uploaded to YouTube, there were sync issues with one of the video layers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sync issues with multiple video layers.

Posted 27 May 2019 10:56 #2
Hi Joey_Bix_69 and welcome to the MSZ Forum

Never use the "Upload to YouTube" function in Vegas, if that is what you have been doing.
Always render your videos by Saving to Hard Drive first, then use the Upload function on YouTube to get the video.

My guess is that you have a Frame Rate setting problem.

What are your Project Property settings ?
Please take a screen shot and upload to forum.
If you don't know how to take a screen shot, let me know and I'll send instructions.

I also need to know the properties of your videos - especially the one with Drums.
Right-click the video with Drums and select Properties/General - take a screen shot and upload to forum.

Are any of your videos recorded with a phone ?

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.818 seconds