vegas pro 16 728x90 2019 06 sale

vegas ms 16 728x90 2019 05 sale

Solved Movie too large for 4.7gb media

• Thank you received: 1

Movie too large for 4.7gb media was created by Vidchick

Derek,

I watched your tutorial about compressing a larger video onto a 4.7gb single layer disc using the BitRate calculator, I rendered the video and audio file separately but with the same file name, I've tried render as, make movie, DVD Architect as described in your tutorial about making a dvd with menus, I selected the prepare file option and also selected the burn option, Tried make movie in MSP16 Suite and selected make DVD, tried Make movie and selected DVD with menus.....

I tried letting it go to the MSP16 or 13 files under my documents where it defaults to and when that didn't work I moved all my work to one really large and fast external drive so I could better keep up with where things were going. The MSP16, MSP13 and DVD Architect files are on the external drive now and all file names, outputs, etc. point there. I can see all the renders and identify by timestamp what they are.

Long story short.... I have tried these methods with two different files, both of which are about 1 hour 49min long but with nothing fancy other then 1080p video and marker points with a couple of still slides.

I renders just fine but continues to tell me that the file is too large for the 4.7gb disc. It will not let me go any further. It saves my markers just fine (only about 6 in each project), I hear the audio in the preview screen, etc.

Below are screen prints from my last attempt with the file 19SBAAsperyD1.

I am working on an Alien Aurora with a 1080ti graphics card, 32gb Ram, 8 core, etc.... plenty of processing power.

Working the 19SBAAsperyD1 project in MSP16 and using DVD Arcitect 6 and the other file was rendered in MSP13 and I'm using DVD Architect5.

There will be about 5 discs in this set which is from a 9.5hr demonstration. The other discs will have multi camera stuff going on which I assume will make larger files. If I can't get this first one to render it doesn't bode well for the others.

Hoping you have some helpful hints from looking at my screen prints below.

Thanks,
Vidchick

File Attachment:

File Name: forDerek.docx
File Size:1,517 KB
30 May 2019 21:09 #1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1272

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie too large for 4.7gb media

Hi Vidchick

The method I taught in my "How to compress video for DVD" tutorial does work when you get the settings correct between Vegas and DVDA.

There are many things you need to look at, which should fix your problem.

#1 Before you attempt any more tests, make sure to delete ALL your first tries of rendering the video & audio.
This includes your renders in Vegas and output files in DVD Architect.

#2 Also re-name your project with a different version number in Vegas and DVDA. This will protect you from getting old versions mixed up with new versions.
I've seen many people try different renders over and over again, but end up getting the old and new versions completely mixed up, so they end up using the same wrong file versions over and over again without realizing why nothing is any different in the versions.

#3 In your first screen shot you have a setting turned on in the Render Options, which should be turned OFF !
I suspect this may be the cause of one of your error messages in DVD Architect.
The only setting in Render Options that should be turned on is "Save project markers..."

Turn OFF Save project as path reference in rendered media file

#4 I can see in your 2nd last screen shot that your video is exactly 01:49:57
I would round that up to 01:50:00 for the bit rate calculator.

These are the settings I would start with in the Bit Rate Calculator.
Maximum = 9,104,000
Average = 5,200,000
Minimum = 3,120,000

#5 In your 2nd screen shot, there are 2 things that concerns me.
First, your Bit Rate settings are a lot different from mine when I enter 01:50:00
Secondly, your Minimum Bit Rate has no ,,,, between numbers.
It is very common for mistakes to be made when entering the custom bit rates - sometimes people add too many 000,000,000 OR not enough 00 at the end. When this happens it can make the bit rate crazy too high or crazy too low.

#6 Are you using 4.7GB single layer discs or 8.5GB dual layer discs ?
I know you have already said you are using 4.7GB discs, however I just needed to double check with you.

#7 The maximum actual disc space on a 4.7GB DVD is only 4.38GB, so if you see the combined video and audio files size exceeds that, it is never going to fit in DVDA.

#8 In the Bit Rate calculator I added a 3% Safety Margin. I always use this as a starting point.
Sometimes you may need to slightly increased the safety margin and sometimes you can reduce it.
As long as the combined total of all the files does not exceed 4.38GB, you should be OK.
If you increase/decrease the safety margin and re-render everything, just make sure once again to DELETE EVERYTHING that did not work the first time in BOTH Vegas and DVDA.

#9 Make sure to render your audio file to AC-3 Dolby Digital - don't render to .WAV like you would for a Blu-ray disc.
.WAV is uncompressed and produces a large audio file.
AC-3 produces a much smaller audio file.

#10 If you still cannot get it to work, forget about DVDA for now !
The problem will ALWAYS be with your settings in Vegas.
If the settings aren't correct, there's no point in proceeding to DVDA.
You must get your combined Video and Audio files to be less than 4.38GB.
If you use the settings I gave you, it should work.

Regards
Derek

p.s.
In the future, please upload cropped screen shots directly to the forum and don't embed them in a Word document.
It's quicker for me and everyone else who may like to help, to read a screen shot in the forum.
Also do not double post on the forum. If you make a mistake, I can move the message for you using my ADMIN controls.
Thank you...(you're not in trouble, I'm just explaining for next time)
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vidchick
31 May 2019 14:59 #2
Attachments:

Hi VidChick

I haven't heard back from you yet.
How did you go ?

If it's still not working, please let us know.

Cheers :)
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vidchick
06 Jun 2019 15:16 #3

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Vidchick on topic Movie too large for 4.7gb media

Derek,

Sorry I didn't respond more quickly, had to be away on a shoot. Yes, your solutions worked. I unchecked one thing in the render options(save project path...) and played with the bit rate in Mark's Bit Rate Calculator. Had to go to 4 percent safety margin and called the 01:49:57;00 video a 01:50:00;00 to add in a little buffer. At 3% safety margin it was still a 4.4GB size, 4% got it to 4.382GB.

It worked just fine in DVDA and produced a nice looking video. I'm sure it is a little bit compressed but still looks sharp.

You mentioned that my numbers were different than yours in the bit rate calculator screen based on my video length.... In the part of the tutorial where you showed Mark's Bit Rate Calculator you mentioned that the audio is 192kb/s but we should set it to 224kb/s just to add some cushion, you set the safety to 3% and you said you add about 5% to the video length. You just did it by eye in the tutorial but I did the math to get there.

Thank you so much for the help!
Vidchick
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
10 Jun 2019 03:42 #4

OMG !!!
I was worried that you were still having problems and had given up.
I'm so glad you finally got it to work!

File Attachment:
10 Jun 2019 12:13 #5

Moderators: DoctorZen
vegas pro 365 728x90 2019 05 40 off
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Zen Social Media

MOVIESTUDIOZEN.COM

© Copyright 2018. Movie Studio Zen. All Rights Reserved.

Support Movie Studio Zen

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

Translate Language

MSZ Security

Positive SSL