VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How do you edit/split an audio track, without putting a split in the above video track/tracks?

Or same, same with video, without putting a split in audio.
I realize a split doesn't affect anything unless it's separated.
But my project looks like mincemeat, and if I do grab and move a part of a track, an unexpected separation can easily occur, at a point where the underlying audio was split.
Last Edit:01 Jun 2019 11:40 by HawaiianEye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi HawaiianEye,

I'm not aware of anyway you can split the audio without splitting the video (or video without splitting the audio), unless first you 'ungroup' them. By default when you add video it adds the included audio and groups them together. That way, what you do to one occurs to the other and will travel, if moved or deleted, etc.

If you right click on the video event track and select 'Group', then select 'Remove from', then the video and audio will be ungrouped and you can treat them as separated, in other words, you can then select the audio event and split it without splitting the video (or split the video without splitting the audio). Keep in mind, if you move one, the other will not move with it (although if you have auto ripple 'On', it may appear that way. However, after making your cuts/splits, you can select the video and audio events you like and group them back together. Select the video and audio, right click on the selected video, select 'Group', then select 'Create new'.

If there is a short cut for all this it would be interested to hear from others. Hope this helps.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, HawaiianEye

You can simply click the "Ignore event grouping" button?

Last Edit:01 Jun 2019 10:22 by ericlnz
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six, HawaiianEye

Makes sense there is an option for that, Thank You ericlnz for posting that.

It would be prudent to those wanting to use this feature to tinker around with it as well as how auto-ripple effects the movements and the resulting sync. For simple delete a section of audio or video and perhaps replace it with something else is rather simple, but things can go south quickly when we add moving events because the some of the event that is cut may not work as one may be familiar when moving a group. I always remember 'Ctrl+Z' is my friend along with incremental saves.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawaiianEye

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.214 seconds