VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to use the screen capture feature in VMS16?

How to use the screen capture feature in VMS16? was created by huskereurocat

Posted 16 Aug 2019 13:13 #1
I already own VMS 16 Suite and I just got a add in my email about VMS16 Suite having screen capture that records the video and audio to the timeline, ready for editing. This would bypass any need for OBS or other screen recording software. How is this done? Is there a tutorial on this? I've been doing this process with OBS since this VSM16S came out and I didn't know about this feature. If it's already in the program I need to know how to make use of it please.

VMS Add
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:16 Aug 2019 13:48 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to use the screen capture feature in VMS16?

Posted 16 Aug 2019 15:19 #2
Hi Kelly

The new Screen Capture function in Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum is quite primitive compared to using OBS.
However it is very easy to use for a beginner and is a nice addition for someone just starting out.
At this very moment it has a bug in it, which stops your Microphone from working.

I'm not making promises to anyone, about making new tutorials, due to my bad (yo-yo) health problems I've been experiencing during the last 8 weeks.
That all being said, I am very eager to start recording some new tutorials on the days I feel well.

I was about to give you some basic instructions when I discovered a major bug in the app.
So I'm not going to waste my time right now.

The one tip I will give you, is the recordings are stored here on your computer:
C:\Users\Your_User_Name\Captures

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Replied by huskereurocat on topic How to use the screen capture feature in VMS16?

Posted 16 Aug 2019 15:47 #3
Please take care of yourself?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by ericlnz on topic How to use the screen capture feature in VMS16?

Posted 16 Aug 2019 18:13 #4
There are several threads on the Vegas forum about the screen capture. This is probably the most helpful. www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/the-new-screen-capture-in-vms-16--116333/ Scroll though it and there's a post by Marco which explains how to use it.

Currently it appears to be a "work in progress". Even when the problems are sorted it will probably still be rather primitive compared to OBS as Derek has commented.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 13:08 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.751 seconds