VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Convert Movie Studio edits to Adobe Premiere Pro

Convert Movie Studio edits to Adobe Premiere Pro was created by Jbjewitt

Posted 18 Aug 2019 03:43 #1
I have been asked to do a bunch of videos for a supplier. I will be filming and editing a fairly complete version. They edit in Adobe Premiere Pro. I feel more comfortable editing in Movie Studio Platinum 14.0.

Is there a way I can covert completed edits/movies to Adobe so they can final edit at their end. I read somewhere that upgrading to the MS Pro version is the best way, and if this is true the cost is no problem. Just need to know the easiest way.

Jeff
Last Edit:18 Aug 2019 12:40 by Jbjewitt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Convert Movie Studio edits to Adobe Premiere Pro

Posted 18 Aug 2019 13:00 #2
Hi Jeff

Yes you can convert and export a Vegas Pro .veg project file into an Adobe Premier Pro .prprof project file with all your media files.
You will need Vegas Pro to do this, however if this is all you want to do, you should be able to do it with the free trial and not spend any money at all.
I'm not 100% sure on this, as I've never tried to do this with the trial version, but I'm confident it will work.

Your Movie Studio .vf project will open in Vegas Pro 17.
There is a small caveat to doing this. If your project contains any FX/settings that are not supported by Premier Pro, it may contain some errors, however they should be able to be repaired once they are imported into Premier Pro.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Aug 2019 13:01 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jbjewitt

Replied by Jbjewitt on topic Convert Movie Studio edits to Adobe Premiere Pro

Posted 30 Aug 2019 01:00 #3
Derek

Do you know if I can upgrade to the Pro version from the 14.0 Platinum version using the discount upgrade? Magix doesn't respond.

Replied by vkmast on topic Convert Movie Studio edits to Adobe Premiere Pro

Posted 30 Aug 2019 06:39 #4
@jbjewitt
As for the upgrade pricing, try a "test drive" in the Magix Vegas Shopping cart. Click the link above and proceed to find the purchasing options.
"You can upgrade at a reduced price with a previous version or other authorized product. Please have your login details or serial number ready."
And from www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/ : "As a VEGAS Movie Studio owner, now you can upgrade to the award-winning VEGAS Pro for a special price!"
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 30 Aug 2019 09:42 #5
Use this direct link to Upgrade page and scroll to the bottom.
Upgrade pricing
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Aug 2019 09:43 by DoctorZen

Replied by Jbjewitt on topic Convert Movie Studio edits to Adobe Premiere Pro

Posted 31 Aug 2019 03:09 #6
Derek - OK and it works fine. I can open the Pro Version and convert the original MS.vf file to adobe.

The saved project shows up as this in my saved folder

TESTgluboostrepairs.prproj

748KB doesn't sound very large, particularly when I checked "include original media"

Can the adobe end user work with this file?
Attachments:

Posted 31 Aug 2019 10:36 #7
I'm guessing 748 kB is only the size of the project file.

When you need to save a project and include the source media, I would recommend saving it into a new special folder, so that it can be zipped up into one file that is then sent to the client.

Open your project in Vegas and go to File/Save As
Press Create New Folder
Open the new folder and then press Save
At this stage, you could also include the source media (just for your benefit) or leave it out - it's not important yet.

Now go to File/Export/Premiere Project
The next step is important !
Press Browse and navigate to the new "premiere project" folder you just created and open it and press Save.
Now press OK in original window.

You will now see the entire project copied into the new folder.
It includes a log file that clearly shows what was included.
You can now zip this folder up and upload it to a file sharing website or copy to a USB drive to give to your client.

Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 13:11 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Replied by jiangui on topic Convert Movie Studio edits to Adobe Premiere Pro

Posted 15 Apr 2020 13:48 #8
thank you , DoctorZen , your comment is useful . I learn a lot from the video .
Premiere Pro is the industry-leading video editing software for film, TV, and the web. I use adobe Premiere Pro , some Photoshop, for most of my Video editing work on PC. I have a XP-Pen Star 06 drawing tablet to work on my projects . it works on photoshop photo retouching and Premiere Pro video editing programs .
by jiangui

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds