Question Image sizes shrank! Both on the preview window and in the final/rendered movie

• Thank you received: 1

Image sizes shrank! Both on the preview window and in the final/rendered movie was created by dtinay

Dear Derek,

I could not figure out what I am doing wrong. I hope you will help me solve this problem.
Today, I updated my Movie Studio Platinum 16 (142). I started a new project. Uploading the image files, I dragged them to "picture in picture" timeline. To my surprise -unlike the previous projects- on the preview window the images were really small. I thought this -for whatever reason- was due to the updated version. But after rendering the movie, I found out that the final product also consisted of all shrunk images :( I am really upset. Is it because I am doing something wrong, or is it due to this updated version?

Thank you

Dilek.
04 Sep 2019 10:44 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Image sizes shrank! Both on the preview window and in the final/rendered movie

Hi Dilek

Don't worry !!!
I think I can guess what you have done wrong.

Please upload a copy of your .vf Vegas project file to the forum.
The project file does not contain any video, but it will show me you settings.

Also tell me which "time stamps" I should be looking for on your timeline.
Meaning, where in the project are the problems located ?

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dtinay
04 Sep 2019 11:23 #2

Replied by dtinay on topic Image sizes shrank! Both on the preview window and in the final/rendered movie

Hi Derek,

You are wonderful!

I am not sure if I understand the "timestamps" concept correctly, yet the problem is all over the project. As you will see, there is no one single image appearing properly/fully on the preview window; all of them are in small size.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

Dilek

File Attachment:

File Name: London2018.vf
File Size:505 KB
04 Sep 2019 13:13 #3
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 208

Replied by ericlnz on topic Image sizes shrank! Both on the preview window and in the final/rendered movie

Probably because of using the PIP track which has the PIP FX applied. This catches many out. I wish Magix didn't do this as it's not helpful to many.
04 Sep 2019 13:21 #4

Replied by dtinay on topic Image sizes shrank! Both on the preview window and in the final/rendered movie

Hi Ericlnz,

You may have noticed, I am a new bee. If you simplify what you are saying, is the problem something curable?

Thanks
04 Sep 2019 13:24 #5

• Thank you received: 208

Replied by ericlnz on topic Image sizes shrank! Both on the preview window and in the final/rendered movie

Move the clips to another track or go into the Track FX button in the track header on the left and remove the FX or untick it to mute it.

Derek will no doubt confirm, if my suspicions are corrrect, when he views your vf and he's much better than me at explaining what you need to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, dtinay
04 Sep 2019 13:28 #6

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Image sizes shrank! Both on the preview window and in the final/rendered movie

Eric is correct !

The Picture in Picture track is designed only for placing videos or pictures, that you would like to scale smaller and normally position in one of the corners of the video frame.

Double-click Picture-in-Picture on your timeline.
This opens the control box for picture in picture.
If you change the Scale setting to 1.000, this will fix your problem immediately.

The better approach when starting a new project, is to delete the Picture in Picture track if you don't need to use it.
Instead, add a New Video Track.
Hold down the CTRL + SHIFT keys and then press Q - this creates a new plain video track.
Hold down the CTRL key and then press Q - this creates a new plain audio track.
You can add as many as you need.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dtinay
04 Sep 2019 13:38 #7
Attachments:

Ericlnz,

That worked! Oh, what a relief! I unticked the Fx and images appeared as normal in the preview window.

Thank you!
04 Sep 2019 13:39 #8

Dear Derek,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation which I will use in the future. With your and Ericlnz's precious help I can sleep well tonight.

Best regards,

Dilek
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
04 Sep 2019 13:48 #9

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.