Solved Adding multiple events to timeline in Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum?

• Thank you received: 4

Adding multiple events to timeline in Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum? was created by tuppers

I'm slowly getting to grips with v16 after using v12 for several years but I have a question for which I'm sure there's a simple answer!
In v12 I could highlight several items in Project Media and drag them onto the timeline. If I try that in v16 it doesn't work. I'm clearly doing something wrong so any advice would be appreciated as it's a bit tedious dragging items one at a time.
08 Sep 2019 05:41 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Adding multiple events to timeline in Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum?

I don't have any problem dragging multiple videos from the Project Media and/or Explorer tab onto the Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum timeline.

Make sure you select Power User Mode when you start the program and get rid of that new side panel on the extreme left, if you don't need it.

Over the years, I have experienced a problem where I can't drag anything onto the timeline.
When this happens, I believe it is being caused by some type of Windows Permissions "glitch".
It still happens randomly in all versions of Vegas for me, however I don't think it is being caused by Vegas, but instead by Windows 10.

My solution is to first re-boot my computer.
If that doesn't work, try starting Vegas in Administrator mode.
Right-click program icon on desktop and select Run as Administrator.

However, somehow I guess this may not help you.
Other users who read your message may have an insight that I don't know about ?

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
08 Sep 2019 10:47 #2

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by tuppers on topic Adding multiple events to timeline in Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum?

Thanks Derek. Selecting Power User did the trick. Wasn't sure what it was so I hadn't used it.
08 Sep 2019 18:24 #3

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Adding multiple events to timeline in Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum?

Thanks for reporting back with what worked :)
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
08 Sep 2019 21:05 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.