VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Can Vegas Movie Studio Platinum or perhaps Vegas Pro do edit out with tracking ?

• DBenz
  • DBenz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
hand held recording 4K, but in the background is something showing through foliage spoiling the scene.
Which program can manage to edit that out and track it as I hand hold camcorder so a certain amount of slight movement allways then pan right and then left ?
What are the steps to doing so ? Perhaps I overlay a still image of that scene a few moments before the object appears and follow the tutorial
where the guitar is edited to appear as an image over the sea in the video at :-
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/gb/vegas-movie-studio/online-tutorials/
and follow Flexible Bézier masking though I am wondering will it track the unwanted object.
What steps should I follow please.

I am considering either Vegas Movie Studio or DaVinci Reward or Power Director and being able to do this might decide my choice.

Likewise can I edit out a logo on someones jacket and have it continue to edit it out whilst tracking it ?

DBenz
Last Edit:28 Sep 2019 13:54 by DBenz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No NLE can do magic in one click.
and you even didn't show us here a sample frame of the issue.
by FayFen

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, Vegas Pro and Cyberlink Power Director all have trial downloads. DaVinci Resolve is I believe free. So you could try them all to see which best handles dealing with what you need. Probably they will all do it but each with their good points and bad points.
by ericlnz

The Vegas Pro YouTube channel has an excellent tutorial on the basics of how to use the Motion Tracker in Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum.

Once you understand how to do this, you can then add more complex FX to your motion tracked area, like a soft blur or pixelation FX.
Example = This tutorial I made a few years ago....
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/557-sony-vegas-zen-tips-7-pixelate-conceal

If you had a BIGGER budget, there are very good programs you can use, that are similar if not the same, to what the Professionals use.
The No.1 program that TV show producers and Hollywood uses to remove unwanted objects, is called Mocha Pro.
A cut down version of Mocha Pro comes embedded with Hitfilm Pro.
Hitfilm Pro is a Video FX program similar to Adobe's After Effects.

Here is a YouTube tutorial that shows how it works.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

• DBenz
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
Hi,
Thanks
Yes I am trialling Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum alongside DaVinci Resolve 16. I cant find anyone showing how to mask out an unwanted object and have the prog track it and keep it masked out. A basic thing to do but one of those moments in life when the internet has nothing or so it seems.

Just wondering which of the two (I cant afford to buy yet another just for that masking task) can do this.

So lets say we have some woodland, I am in that woodland and in the background through the leaves I can see someone , a visual distraction from the object I am pan filming, and I dont want him there, how do I get rid of him and which prog of the two mentioned does this best ?

I guess I need to be tracing around some leaves and branches and placing this over him, without it being out of scale. Then the prog tracks him and keeps this edited in foliage in synch with the foliage next to it and over him, if he moves and the foliage follows him it might look like someone else covered in leaf camouflage walking ! He does remain static fortunately. Where do I do this and how do I use this ?

If it was a still image I would take my rubber stamp tool in photoshop and paint a few leaves and branches sampling from nearby carefully staying within the leaf or branch.
Is it that to do this Vegas Premiere cannot, and vegas pro also cannot and I need to buy another prog, and I havent even bought vegas yet.

DBenz
by DBenz

What you are asking to do is a very advanced topic.

You need to be using Mocha Pro, which as I have already explained, comes with Hitfilm Pro in a stripped down version.
Using Mocha Pro is not something I would advise a beginner to, unless you are prepared to invest a significant amount of time in learning how to use this program.
Hitfilm Pro will also require a significant amount of time to learn, however they do have an excellent YouTube channel with a large library of tutorials.

There is significant financial investment to buy Mocha Pro, if you need to use the full version.
A one year subscription costs $295 if you get the OFX compatible version.
A new license which you get to keep for life costs $695.
borisfx.com/store/?collection=mocha-pro&product=mocha-pro

Personally it is a program I would like to buy, however I can't justify it's cost unless I needed to use it on a weekly basis.

Mocha Pro is compatible with Vegas Pro and Hitfilm Pro.

Here is a basic overview of Mocha Pro removing objects.

Here is a tutorial that explains the basics of Tracking in Mocha Pro

Here is a quicker tutorial that shows how to remove an object

Final note
The Tracker in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 is OK for basic tracking, however it is nothing like the capabilities of Mocha Pro, especially if the video frame is moving in all directions. Mocha Pro has the ability to do advanced tracking.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Sep 2019 11:04 by DoctorZen

DB the simple answer is non, not a single program on the consumer market will clean an object behind leaves. All what programs can do is clean foreground objects.
www.prodad.com/Video-editing-and-modification/ERAZR-V1-59028,l-us.html

No device can mend perfectly a broken glass, it's much clever not to break it in the first place.
You want to shoot in the forest, find an empty spot. If bigfoot/yeti is in the leaves you will not clean it anyway.
by FayFen

• DBenz
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
Hi,
I simply cant afford MochaPro , so Vegas pro or DaVinci or HitFilmExpress cannot edit out, by placing leaves over the unwanted human visible through the leaves, and tracking that area to keep the leaves in synch with those leaves around them.

You want to shoot in the forest, find an empty spot. If bigfoot/yeti is in the leaves you will not clean it anyway.

It happens in filming, a lot, that you are filming when something gets in the shot. Such a fundamental happening as such then is beyond editing out. I am surprised that these editors such as vegas or DaVinci or HitFilm cannot solve that common occurrence.

In my example I didnt know a human was going to be on another track in the woods, I didnt know the track was even there or likely to be populated. I was told stand there for perfect view area for a scenario that was run for me, then during this the unwanted T shirt human appeared. Re running the scene was impossible.
I am disappointed that the scenario is beyond fixing in this day and age. That we have to fear an unwanted object appearing in shot as its beyond removal by placement of a sample of the adjacent textures and having such stay in place with tracking is scary. It happens in filming, and when it does unless we are rich we are stuffed.

DBenz
by DBenz

Such a fundamental happening as such then is beyond editing out. I am surprised that these editors such as Vegas or DaVinci or HitFilm cannot solve that common occurrence.

Did you watch any of the tutorials I provided for you ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
For the last time, Hitfilm comes with a stripped down version of Mocha Pro, which can track objects very well and mask out anything you want to erase.
Hitfilm will do exactly what you are asking.
Vegas Pro 17 will also do what you are asking, after the new build version (#321) that was released, using the Bezier Tool Motion Tracking.
I don't know what more I can say to convince you.

DBenz wrote: Hi,
I simply cant afford MochaPro , so Vegas pro or DaVinci or HitFilmExpress cannot edit out, by placing leaves over the unwanted human visible through the leaves, and tracking that area to keep the leaves in synch with those leaves around them.

It happens in filming, a lot, that you are filming when something gets in the shot. Such a fundamental happening as such then is beyond editing out. I am surprised that these editors such as vegas or DaVinci or HitFilm cannot solve that common occurrence.

In my example I didnt know a human was going to be on another track in the woods, I didnt know the track was even there or likely to be populated. I was told stand there for perfect view area for a scenario that was run for me, then during this the unwanted T shirt human appeared. Re running the scene was impossible.
I am disappointed that the scenario is beyond fixing in this day and age. That we have to fear an unwanted object appearing in shot as its beyond removal by placement of a sample of the adjacent textures and having such stay in place with tracking is scary. It happens in filming, and when it does unless we are rich we are stuffed.

DBenz

You are 100% correct, how come we went to the moon with Saturn-V 50 years ago but can't do it today with electric autonomous tesla car?
Your problem is solvable and a non issue in "the movies" industry, but you want to solve it with a $200 software on $1500 gear and in one click and we are not there just yet. So all we poor men left to do is plan our shots better.
by FayFen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.874 seconds