Question How to minimise background hiss from distant wave action

• Thank you received: 0

How to minimise background hiss from distant wave action was created by hunchy

I have a background hiss on the audio track which I think was made from distant wave noise. How do I use Movie studio 15 to minimise the noise ? I can't find a tutorial Is there one for this ? thanks hunchy
13 Sep 2019 15:04 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to minimise background hiss from distant wave action

There are no audio tools in Movie Studio that will do a good enough job, without making the good parts sound worse.

You need to use a Noise Reduction plugin, which will cancel out the background noise.
I personally use RX Elements from iZotope - it was on sale last week for only $29.
www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx/rx-elements.html

You can use a free program called Audacity.
www.audacityteam.org/
Here is a quick tutorial that shows how to use it.
The 3:00 minute mark shows the specific instructions for how to use Noise Reduction.

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hunchy
13 Sep 2019 15:22 #2

Replied by hunchy on topic How to minimise background hiss from distant wave action

thanks derek the price is back up to $130 AUD for Izotope RX Elements I guess it's the same one you advised about says it's on sale !!
13 Sep 2019 15:45 #3

Replied by hunchy on topic How to minimise background hiss from distant wave action

hi dr zen does the plugin for RX elements mean i can adjust the audio track while it's still in Movie studio or do I have to export the audio as a separate file to RX Elements to make the adjustments ? and then back to Movie Studio when complete thanks hunchy
13 Sep 2019 17:17 #4

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to minimise background hiss from distant wave action

If you only need to do a one off repair, Audacity is free to use.
However RX Elements does a better job.

hunchy wrote: thanks derek the price is back up to $130 AUD for Izotope RX Elements I guess it's the same one you advised about says it's on sale !!

That's why I sent you the link, so you would know which program I am specifically talking about.

hi dr zen does the plugin for RX elements mean i can adjust the audio track while it's still in Movie studio or do I have to export the audio as a separate file to RX Elements to make the adjustments ? and then back to Movie Studio when complete thanks hunchy

iZotope RX Elements comes in 2x parts.
1. There are 4x plugins that work inside of Vegas as a normal Audio FX plugin.
You can use RX Voice De-noise for everyday simple noise reduction.
2. The second part is a standalone program that works outside of Vegas.
This has many more tools for dealing with complicated removal of unwanted sounds.

There is also the Elements Suite which includes 4x different programs/plugins (RX Elements is one of those programs).
These programs come onto sale every couple of months, at a massive discount.
As I said before, the last BIG sale just ended. I did tell everyone it was on via Twitter, Facebook and the MSZ Forum.

Here are 2 screen shots from RX Elements.

Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
13 Sep 2019 17:40 #5
Attachments:

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.