Solved How to speed up the video so that it matches a radio broadcast ?

• Thank you received: 1

How to speed up the video so that it matches a radio broadcast ? was created by larlynn33

I have a video of a championship basketball game recorded in 1966 (I got this video from a digitized version of 16 mm film that is 17 fps). The film was made as a coach's film, so it isn't a continuous filming of the game. It starts and stops with certain action in the game.

I also have a radio broadcast of that game.

The problem is that when I got the proper point of the video at the start of the game, I found that the radio broadcast was running faster than the video.

I want to know if there is a way in Platinum 13 to somehow speed up the video so that it matches the radio broadcast.

I'm a novice but have been learning a bit about Platinum 13 and I can learn.

Thanks for reading my situation and if there is a viable answer, I'm eager to apply it to make this a professional video.

Lawrence Lynn
01 Oct 2019 10:22 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 187

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic How to speed up the video so that it matches a radio broadcast ?

Hi Lawrence,

It may help others on the forum who may have dealt with this type of situation before, if you were able to provide the clip information from both the video and audio recordings. You can use MediaInfo , for this purpose. I believe the Doc may have a tutorial somewhere on the site, but if not, you can use this Information from the VegasCreativeSoftware forum to assist.

From there, you should be able to receive additional help from those who can possibly assist in a much more detailed manner.

Hope this helps.

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC/1950X/64 GB Corsair/Sapphire Radeon VII/SoundBlaster Zx/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. Vegas Pro 15 Suite/Vegas MSP 15 Suite/SoundForge Studio 12/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/Hitfilm & Ignite Express 12. Intel 750 PCIe with OS & Apps, Samsung 960 EVO PCIe for source footage....
01 Oct 2019 13:55 #2

• Thank you received: 1315

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to speed up the video so that it matches a radio broadcast ?

Hi Lawrence and welcome to the MSZ Forum

You should be able to easily fix this problem.

Hold the CTRL button down and drag the end of audio clip to the right, to slow it down.
A percentage box will then appear that shows that playback rate has changed.

There are further controls you can also access, which are linked to the same process.
Right-click the audio clip and select Properties/Audio Event
Set Method = elastique
You can manually type in a new "length in time".
You can also experiment with different Stretch Attribute modes, which may change the sound of the voice.

If you need further detailed control, add the elastique Timestretch plugin to your audio clip.
Make sure to return everything back to normal before you add this.

Press Event FX button
Select elastique Timestretch
Press Add and OK

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24
01 Oct 2019 14:05 #3
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by FayFen on topic How to speed up the video so that it matches a radio broadcast ?

Are you sure the audio is faster? it could be that the video is slower...
How do you know the film is at 17fps? it's not standard film speed.
Films run at 18fps or 24fps.
01 Oct 2019 14:40 #4

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by larlynn33 on topic How to speed up the video so that it matches a radio broadcast ?

Thanks so much, Doctor Zen. Slowing down the audio with elastique solved the problem with a little jockeying back and forth on the audio. Once I had the audio corrected on speed, it becomes a matter of splitting and moving video events to match the audio radio broadcast with the video - it's painstaking, but it can be done.

Much appreciated.

Lawrence Lynn
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
02 Oct 2019 08:14 #5

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.