VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Arranging photos in order while keeping automatic cross-fades

• msocon
  • msocon's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 0
I know I can import the 165 photos I have to work with all at once into a bin, and I can put all of them onto the timeline with auto crossfades.But how do I put all the photos in the order I want them in without losing the crossfades?
Last Edit:07 Oct 2019 23:48 by msocon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Arranging photos in order while keeping automatic cross-fades

Posted 07 Oct 2019 12:40 #2
Hi msocon and welcome to the MSZ Forum

Which exact program and version are you using ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• msocon
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by msocon on topic Arranging photos in order while keeping automatic cross-fades

Posted 07 Oct 2019 14:36 #3
Hi thanks for responding. Movie Studio Platinum 12.0. I want to use the auto cross fade but not sure how to use it so that when I put all the photos that I have for the project that are currently in a bin, onto the timeline, there is some way to put them in the order I want instead of the order they automatically go in. I have tried putting the photos onto the time line one by one in the order I want, but then they don't automatically cross fade. I'm sure there is a way to do it and would appreciate your advice.
by msocon

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Arranging photos in order while keeping automatic cross-fades

Posted 08 Oct 2019 10:01 #4
There are 2 ways you can do this with Movie Studio Platinum 12.

1. Before you import your photos, drag copies of them into a new folder on your computer.
Then manually rename them 1 to 99 etc.... in the order you want them to appear.
When you import them or use the Slideshow creator, they will now stay in order.

2. If you already have them on the timeline with cross-fades added, drag one photo at a time (images you need to reorder) straight down onto the track below.
Then you can re-position and drag one photo at a time, back into a new position.
The cross-fade will reappear.

If you upgraded to version 16, you can use the new Storyboard feature to re-order all your images in Vegas.
Go to View/Window Layouts/Add and Arrange Media
After you are finished, go to View/Window Layouts/Default Layout

You can download the free trial and test this new feature out !
Press Advertisement at bottom of page to access Free Trial link.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• msocon
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by msocon on topic Arranging photos in order while keeping automatic cross-fades

Posted 09 Oct 2019 11:15 #5
Thanks for your help I appreciate it.
Last Edit:09 Oct 2019 12:04 by msocon

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.764 seconds