VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Best settings for YouTube uploads of gaming?

Best settings for YouTube uploads of gaming? was created by unkempt1

Posted 10 Oct 2019 11:36 #1
I'm using Vegas Platinum 15. I use the Windows 10 video capture program to capture videos while I am gaming. The video quality of the captures are amazing while viewing on my PC, and even after I render them in Vegas and drop on my hard drive. But when I upload them to YouTube they look terrible (blurry, mainly when there is motion). I have tried clicking "yes" to using the same settings of the video when I drop the first capture into Vegas, as well as tweaking the render settings as per the many YouTube instructional videos on there.

I watch other gamers' videos on YouTube of the same game and theirs look incredible, almost the same as the videos I have when I view them on my PC. I know it can't be the capturing software because I have the same issue when I use my camcorder and upload videos (rendered videos look great on the PC, bad on YouTube). Can someone give me some advice? It seems like it would have to be some setting I have that YouTube doesn't like.
Last Edit:10 Oct 2019 16:29 by unkempt1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Best settings for YouTube uploads of gaming?

Posted 10 Oct 2019 16:44 #2
1. It is extremely important to Match your Video properties and Project Properties when you start each project, to make sure the Frame Size and Frame Rate in Vegas match your gaming video screen capture.

2. In Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15, you should be using Magix AVC to encode with.
Make sure to pick a Template that uses the same Frame Rate your source video uses.
If your video was recorded with a different Frame Rate, you can manually change it by pressing Customize Template.

If you have an Nvidia graphics card, you can choose one of the NVENC options.
If you have an AMD Radeon card, you can choose one of the VCE options.
If you don't have a modern GPU, use one of the plain options.

3. After you select a template, press Customize Template.
In my example, I have selected 59.94 fps - however, you MUST use the SAME Frame Rate your video was recorded in !!!
The default settings should be a higher enough Bit Rate, however for maximum quality, you can set Profile = High.
You can also increased the Bit Rate settings.
A Maximum of 50,000,000 should be more than enough.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by unkempt1 on topic Best settings for YouTube uploads of gaming?

Posted 11 Oct 2019 07:13 #3
Thank you for your reply. I just used those settings above, uploaded a video, and continue to experience the same quality issues. A couple things I noticed that I wanted to mention while making these changes, maybe it will help with any additional advice you can offer:

1. I looked in the properties of the captured video files and they are 30FPS. The closest option in the rendering settings is 29.970 (I don't know if that matters or not, but you did say the FPS must exactly match on the files and rendering settings).

2. On the Project tab of the Custom Settings window I left both drop downs as Use Project Settings. Should I change to Best, etc.?

3. I have an NVidia card. At the bottom of the Custom Settings window I see you have Mainconcept AVC selected. Mine is NV Encoder. Preset is Default. RC Mode is VBR. I left it because I assumed that was for NVidia... should I change that to what you have in your screenshot?

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Best settings for YouTube uploads of gaming?

Posted 11 Oct 2019 09:36 #4
Hi unkempt1,

To help you, and those of us that would like to assist you, HERE is a link that fellow enthusiasts at the Vegas Forums are asked to view, so you can provide further information on your request and/or problem. This will help in reducing the number of continuous questions by other members, and will assist other members in trying to narrow down the cause of problem or your request. Not all in that link is necessary, but the biggest is the Media Info of one of your files, version and build number of Vegas Platinum 15 (yes, I know you have at least 15, and if saying Platinum, probably Movie Studio and not Vegas Pro - :) ), and a screenshot of your Project Properties (The Doc has a tutorial on the site which shows you how & what).

From what you have so far provided, sounds like it will be something reasonably simple, but if you can provide some of the information from the above link, it will definitely help You, and other forum members in their assistance for You.

Thanks,

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 13:15 by mmcswnavy24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Best settings for YouTube uploads of gaming?

Posted 11 Oct 2019 12:41 #5

1. I looked in the properties of the captured video files and they are 30FPS. The closest option in the rendering settings is 29.970 (I don't know if that matters or not, but you did say the FPS must exactly match on the files and rendering settings).

The Nvidia encoder does not allow custom frame rates, so when encoding with Nvidia you will have to use 29.97 fps.
If you use the Mainconcept encoder, you can manually change the Frame Rate in your render settings to equal 30 fps.

2. On the Project tab of the Custom Settings window I left both drop downs as Use Project Settings. Should I change to Best, etc.?

Yes! Always use Best settings for Video and Audio.

3. I have an NVidia card. At the bottom of the Custom Settings window I see you have Mainconcept AVC selected. Mine is NV Encoder. Preset is Default. RC Mode is VBR. I left it because I assumed that was for NVidia... should I change that to what you have in your screenshot?

I would recommend you experiment between using Nvidia settings or Mainconcept settings, to find which one looks the best.
If you use Nvidia, these custom settings should give you the highest quality video, however please note that your file size will also be much LARGER when using higher bit rates and quality settings.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.819 seconds