VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Error code 24 when registering Vegas MS Platinum 16 for the first time

The day after purchasing Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 on my fairly new Windows 10 computer that meets the recommended specifications, it will not register. I used the e-mail sent to me for the download and used the serial number provided. When I try to open the program, it gives me the error code 24 message and says this e-mail has already been used. I have previously owned Vegas Movie Studio 12 purchased from Walmart and purchased 16 as an upgrade. I had un-installed 12 and have tried re-installing 16 several times. I have also tried re-installing my OS to be certain Windows was not causing this issue. I have also tried to check my registry. I have a YouTube channel and therefore need this program. I have created a trouble ticket on their website and have so far only received an automated response saying vote Yes or No if this is helpful with no button or way to press Yes or No. When logging into their support center, it says Serial Number already used when trying to register the product. I have not installed it on any other computers and I have checked to be sure the serial number was entered correctly. I have read online that many customers have had this issue, but I have not found a solution. Does anyone know of other methods than the ones I have already tried? Thank you for your time.

-Yukari
Last Edit:21 Oct 2019 18:43 by yukari01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Yukari

Error code 24 is normally caused by mismatched data.
There is no way for you to fix this problem and you will have to wait for help directly from Magix support to fix the error.

Here is an official answer from Magix about this problem:

How to solve error code "-24"

You will receive the message "Serial number already assigned" or "Error code -24" if the product has already been registered under another e-mail address by you or a previous owner.

First, please check your entered e-mail address for possible typos.
Maybe you registered the program under a different e-mail address during the initial activation? Please use our Service Center to update your data (log in with the old e-mail address and adjust the data).
www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/

There are 2 things you can do:
1. Patiently wait for Magix support to reply to your support request is the best thing to do
You have posted this message on the MSZ Forum on Monday Australian time, which is Sunday USA time.
There is no support available over the weekend and you need to wait until it is Monday in the USA to get a reply.
If you have filled out your support request correctly, they will contact you within 24-48 hours, once it is Monday in the USA.

The best support address to use is this one for Vegas products:
support2.magix.com/customer/en/vegas/form

2. You can check yourself to see what the status is for all your Vegas software.
Use this link to login to your Magix account:
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

Go to the My Products link.
See if you can find Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16.
If it is listed in your account, you will see if it has been activated and how many activations have been registered.
You are allowed 2x activations for each license key.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 13:16 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds