VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Which versions of Vegas Movie Studio can edit 4K video?

• 123DAC
  • 123DAC's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 12

Which versions of Vegas Movie Studio can edit 4K video? was created by 123DAC

Posted 09 Nov 2019 06:31 #1
I have currently got Movie Studio HD Platinum 12 , can I edit 4K video using this or do I need to upgrade my software version?
Last Edit:09 Nov 2019 10:08 by 123DAC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Which versions of Vegas Movie Studio can edit 4K video?

Posted 09 Nov 2019 10:08 #2
You can't edit 4k video with version 12.
Yes you will need to upgrade to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16.

Version 16 also uses the newer Magix AVC encoder/decoder, which is optimised to work with the latest Nvidia and AMD Radeon graphics cards.
If you don't have a powerful enough CPU and Graphics Card, you will struggle to edit 4k video with Vegas.

I recommend you download the free trial for v16 and test it out before you upgrade.
If you do decide to upgrade, use the Ad link at bottom of this page to get the best discount on Vegas.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Prestonbowman on topic Which versions of Vegas Movie Studio can edit 4K video?

Posted 03 Feb 2021 14:58 #3
Can you offer a premium version for free so I can edit videos with all the  kinemaster pro no watermark app's features? I am in a career and cannot pay for the apps that I use less.
Last Edit:03 Feb 2021 19:18 by Prestonbowman

Replied by FayFen on topic Which versions of Vegas Movie Studio can edit 4K video?

Posted 03 Feb 2021 17:45 #4

Prestonbowman wrote: Can you offer a premium version for free so I can edit videos with all the app's features? I am in a career and cannot pay for the apps that I use less.

You can have this one www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
by FayFen

Replied by Maeburke on topic Which versions of Vegas Movie Studio can edit 4K video?

Posted 04 Mar 2021 17:54 #5
hello FayFen, thank for answer

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds