Solved Minimize File Size on Render

• Thank you received: 2

Minimize File Size on Render was created by matonanjin

I have a 5 minute video that I rendered and it is 314 MB. I need to send it to a guy and, of course, it is too huge, over the server limit, to send by email. And to send as an attachment in Facebook messaging it is over the 25 MB limit.

I need to get it to him so for this purpose I need to minimize the file size. But also for general knowledge what settings on Make Movie can adjust to alter output file size. Of course, I realize I am going to alter the output quality.
21 Dec 2019 03:26 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 64

Replied by Robbie on topic Minimize File Size on Render

Hi matonanjin
have you considered uploading the file to a file sharing site like Dropbox, One Dive, Google Drive etc from where your client/colleague can download it?

Hard to tell from the information you have provided but I think getting the bit rate low enough for a 25MB Email limit will be challenging and would require dropping the resolution quite a bit. Can you provide he file format (MP4?), resolution (Frame Width and Frame Height) and the Bitrate (data rate) for both the source files and the or the 314MB Rendered file: You can get this information by right clicking on the file, selecting Properties and then the Details tab eg:

Cheers, Robbie
21 Dec 2019 17:15 #2
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by descondon on topic Minimize File Size on Render

Might I suggest a very effective method of transferring a file to another without compromising on the rendered quality or size is wetransfer.com
I have used it many times and it is very quick and efficient.
You upload your rendered file 'as is' to wetransfer.com . When the upload is complete an email with the link will be sent to the recipient who will simply download the entire render in the same format as it left you.
I was introduced to We Transfer two years ago when working on a multi-national project that involved sending and receiving many different video, image and audio files. It worked seamlessly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
22 Dec 2019 12:36 #3

• Thank you received: 1402

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Minimize File Size on Render

Never try and send a video via email - no one does that !!!

There is only one way to share videos with other people on the Internet.
Use a File Sharing service like Robbie has already suggested.

What you have to do is upload your video to the file sharing service first.
Once the video is uploaded, you can generate a link to that video, which you can then email to your friend.
When the recipient opens your email and presses the unique link, they you will then have the option to download the video onto their computer.

If you have a Google account, your best option is to use Google Drive.
I explain how to use Google Drive in this forum post here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/2396-project-in-vegas-pro-17-not-responding#12191

Regards
Derek
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
23 Dec 2019 18:58 #4

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by matonanjin on topic Minimize File Size on Render

matonanjin wrote: I have a 5 minute video that I rendered and it is 314 MB. I need to send it to a guy and, of course, it is too huge, over the server limit, to send by email. And to send as an attachment in Facebook messaging it is over the 25 MB limit.

But also for general knowledge what settings on Make Movie can adjust to alter output file size. Of course, I realize I am going to alter the output quality.

Robbie wrote: Hi matonanjin
have you considered uploading the file to a file sharing site like Dropbox, One Dive, Google Drive etc from where your client/colleague can download it?

Hard to tell from the information you have provided but I think getting the bit rate low enough for a 25MB Email limit will be challenging and would require dropping the resolution quite a bit. Can you provide he file format (MP4?), resolution (Frame Width and Frame Height) and the Bitrate (data rate) for both the source files and the or the 314MB Rendered file: You can get this information by right clicking on the file, selecting Properties and then the Details tab eg:

Cheers, Robbie

robbie, thank you. I have a Dropbox account but couldn't figure out how to share a file with someone. I have attached the screen grab to this message. Hopefully, you will be able to impart some suggestions based on that.

descondon wrote: Might I suggest a very effective method of transferring a file to another without compromising on the rendered quality or size is wetransfer.com
I have used it many times and it is very quick and efficient.
You upload your rendered file 'as is' to wetransfer.com . When the upload is complete an email with the link will be sent to the recipient who will simply download the entire render in the same format as it left you.
I was introduced to We Transfer two years ago when working on a multi-national project that involved sending and receiving many different video, image and audio files. It worked seamlessly.

Thank you!!! I used this to send it to him. It was helpful for this specific need but for future reference for sending a file(s) it will continue to be helpful.
Thanks again.

DoctorZen wrote: Never try and send a video via email - no one does that !!!

There is only one way to share videos with other people on the Internet.
Use a File Sharing service like Robbie has already suggested.

Derek

I know! I didn't explain myself very well. I said it was too large to send by email. I knew my server wouldn't allow me to. I had hoped possibly to get it down to FB upload size but the purpose of this was "But also for general knowledge what settings on Make Movie can adjust to alter output file size."
24 Dec 2019 02:56 #5
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 495

Replied by vkmast on topic Minimize File Size on Render

Make Movie > Save it to my hard drive > MP4 > Advanced options > Your render format (e.g. MAGIX AVC/AAC MP4), template (e.g. Internet HD 720p 29.97 fps > Customize Template > bit rate. Test with lower values and see how Estimated file size lower right in the Render As window changes. As others noted you may not like the quality of output with the bit rate necessary.

(Generally, bit rate x time = file size)
24 Dec 2019 04:07 #6

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.