VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea VMS16 update

• FayFen
  • FayFen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 17

VMS16 update was created by FayFen

Posted 23 Dec 2019 17:25 #1
DoctorZen, you should add to your Updates msg that build 167 injects new bug to VMS16 , No mts support in windows 7. So users beware.
Last Edit:23 Dec 2019 18:34 by FayFen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic VMS16 update

Posted 23 Dec 2019 17:52 #2
On the Magix site the specs for VMS now only list Win 10

by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic VMS16 update

Posted 24 Dec 2019 01:52 #3
VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Platinum Update 4 (Build 175) released today www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-16-platinum-update-4-build-175--118243/
According to the announcement it includes various Changes for the VEGAS Capture utility.
by vkmast

• FayFen
  • FayFen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 17

Replied by FayFen on topic VMS16 update

Posted 25 Dec 2019 01:27 #4
I can be claver also, when I bought it only 9 months ago the spec were....
by FayFen
Attachments:

Posted 25 Dec 2019 10:42 #5
Yes it does appear strange to alter the OS requirements for a version part way through its update cycle. You would have thought Vegas would have waited for version 17. But no doubt they had reason.
by ericlnz

Replied by descondon on topic VMS16 update

Posted 26 Dec 2019 17:22 #6

ericlnz wrote: Yes it does appear strange to alter the OS requirements for a version part way through its update cycle. You would have thought Vegas would have waited for version 17. But no doubt they had reason.

When I checked for any software updates to my existing version 167, VMS 16.0 Platinum today, 26th December 2019, the response is "No updates available at this time".
Could this be because my OS is Windows 7?
If and when MAGIX releases Movie Studio 17.0 Platinum am I going to be precluded from installing it due to my current Windows 7 OS?
That would indeed be a very sad day.
I am aware that Microsoft will cease supporting Windows 7 in January but that certainly does not mean Windows 7 will not continue to work.
Windows XP had a very healthy life for many after Microsoft pulled the plug, so can it be with Windows 7.
I think it is premature and unfair for a company like MAGIX to push loyal VMSP users into buying new Windows 10 hardware or the expense of the new Windows 10 software upgrade, if possible, to existing Windows 7 systems.

Posted 26 Dec 2019 19:34 #7
Go to this thread on the Vegas Forum and scroll down to the post by VEGASDerek - www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/any-practical-difference-running-vp17-on-win-7-vs-win-10--117803/#ca734965

It answers most questions.

Yes the VMS 16 update should work with your Win 7 but some features may not be available. For example with the previous update import of mts files was no longer available with Win 7 due to changes that were made.
Last Edit:26 Dec 2019 19:34 by ericlnz

Posted 26 Dec 2019 19:40 #8
Whether or not Windows 10 will be a hard enforcement for VMS17 we do not know but will find out when it's released. The same for VPro 18.

Should it happen Magix won't be forcing you to update to Win10. You will just have to stick with earlier versions of Vegas that happily work on Win 7.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by RgVideo on topic VMS16 update

Posted 27 Dec 2019 02:40 #10

descondon wrote: When I checked for any software updates to my existing version 167, VMS 16.0 Platinum today, 26th December 2019, the response is "No updates available at this time".

I think it is premature and unfair for a company like MAGIX to push loyal VMSP users into buying new Windows 10 hardware or the expense of the new Windows 10 software upgrade, if possible, to existing Windows 7 systems.

My VMSP 16 on Win7 says the same "no updates".

I totally agree with your "premature and unfair" statement!
by RgVideo

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.872 seconds