VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Windows 7, Microsoft withdrawing support, update 175 to VMSP 16 compatible Win.10 only.

Windows 7, Microsoft withdrawing support, update 175 to VMSP 16 compatible Win.10 only. Does this mean future VMSP will be only Win. 10 compatible.

With Microsoft withdrawing support for Windows 7, the update 175 for VMSP 16 does not show up on my current Software update.
A reference on the 'Forum for Vegas Movie Studio' suggests that this latest update is listed as compatible ONLY with Windows 10.
Does this mean all future Vegas Movie Studio versions will be only Windows 10 compatible?
That means that anybody who has Windows 7, 8 will have to migrate to Windows 10 to continue with any future developments of Vegas.
How can I upgrade to Windows 10, is it a costly affair, is there access to the free upgrade that Microsoft touted a while ago?
Last Edit:30 Dec 2019 22:21 by descondon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yes, Win 10 only for Vegas going forward. There are posts on here and on the Vegas forum about this.

As for free upgrading to Win 10 you'd best look on the MS sites/forum for answers to that.
Last Edit:30 Dec 2019 22:21 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

This is a message for @descondon only !!!
If you read this message, you need to update your email address for your Movie Studio Zen account.
The email address that is on record for your account, is not working and is bouncing back all emails that the forum has been sending to you.
Because your old email address is not working, I have no way of communicating with you!
You email address on file is @bigpond.

Login to your account and go to this link, then change your email address to your new one.
www.moviestudiozen.com/support/edit-user-profile
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Dec 2019 22:23 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, can be problematic depending on what computer you are currently using - especially if it is a really old dinosaur.
Most desktop computers are able to be updated, however some laptops may not work properly after installing Windows 10.
The problem is in relation to Drivers for things like webcams, keyboards, audio,....
An example of a laptop that can be difficult to upgrade from W7 to W10, are HP laptops - this is because HP tends to use custom Drivers that only work on specific models.

If you want to try upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I would recommend that you first see if Windows 10 drivers are available for your computer/motherboard. If you go to the manufacturers website for your computer/motherboard, you should find a Drivers download page that will tell you if W10 drivers are available. If Windows 10 drivers are not available, but there are Windows 8 drivers, you should be able to use the Windows 8 drivers and install them using Compatibility Mode. This is what I did on my own desktop computer.

If you do have a go at upgrading to Windows 10, I would strongly recommend you do a Clean Install of Windows 10.
If you do it this way, you must remember to backup ALL your data before you begin, otherwise you may loose your files.

Ultimately, I would actually recommend you consider investing in a new computer, if you want to have a good experience with Windows 10.

I have 3 tutorials for Windows 10 here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/547-how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/548-how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/575-restoring-drivers-apps-windows-10
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon, ericlnz

That is strange, Derek, my email address has always been the same for years. Your email message arrived in my inbox this am, so I am guessing there is some sort of glitch. However, I followed your directions and updated my profile. Hopefully all is in order now?

ericlnz wrote: Yes, Win 10 only for Vegas going forward. There are posts on here and on the Vegas forum about this.

As for free upgrading to Win 10 you'd best look on the MS sites/forum for answers to that.

Thank you ericlnz, I chanced upon that problem while reading someone's post. I then went to my VMSP 16 and checked for any software update, was shown none. So, that pretty well confirms I need to migrate to Win 10, either as a 'clean install' as Dr. Zen suggests or maybe look to obtaining a new PC.

descondon wrote: That is strange, Derek, my email address has always been the same for years. Your email message arrived in my inbox this am, so I am guessing there is some sort of glitch. However, I followed your directions and updated my profile. Hopefully all is in order now?

Looks like another X-file !
Since you updated your profile, the bounce back email messages have stopped.
I don't understand what caused this, but it seems to be fixed now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

Simply your genius, Derek.. it is strange how my email address appeared disjointed, the messages appearing to bounce back, yet I was receiving at least some emails.
Thank you very much for all of your help over the years.
Wishing you a healthy, safe and happy New Year.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 13:21 by descondon
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.043 seconds