Solved Poor quality rendering

• Thank you received: 1

Poor quality rendering was created by dje

Hi
Using Platinum, latest version I have manually created a slideshow, looks great in the timeline however when I render it I get brief flashes of previous slides appearing. For example at the 12 second mark I have photo 1 which lasts for 7 seconds, followed by photo 2 which lasts for 12 seconds. Photos 1 & 2 are on the same track and have different Noise Textures on another track as background. At the 26 second mark I get a brief flash(probably only a frame or 2) of photo 1 including it's Noise Texture background replacing the background of photo 2. Background then reverts to what it should be & the show continues with photo 3 (which is on a different track) starting at 26.08, fully replacing photo 2 & it's background after 2 seconds (it's sliding in from the side).

Similar things happen at various other points in the slideshow but playing it from the editor I don't get it happening at all. I've blown the timeline up but can't see anything hanging around & I've tried rendering using 3 different templates (2 x mp4 & 1 x mov). My gut feel is that it's probably from transitions which I've subsequently done away with or that I've changed the viewing order after having transitions in place & Vegas has retained a snippet internally. Short of starting from scratch again is there anything else I can try to find & eliminate these things? Also as a relative newbie to Vegas is this a known problem or likely to be an on-going issue with other projects?

Thanks

David
09 Jan 2020 18:02 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 221

Replied by ericlnz on topic Poor quality rendering

As far as I'm aware it's not a known problem. No doubt Derek will have suggestions but some more info would be helpful.

Is this a SD, HD or 4K project?
Are you rendering using GPU?
09 Jan 2020 20:12 #2

• Thank you received: 1349

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Poor quality rendering

There is no problem with the software.

Flashes can be caused by a few different problems, however there is no way I can tell you specifically without actually viewing a copy of your project.
I have experienced the same problem myself on some big projects, but there is no one easy answer.

Can you please upload a screen shot of your Project Properties for Video, so we can see your projects settings.

1. The first thing you should do is zoom right in on the timeline where the flashes are occurring and make sure you haven't accidentally "looped" media back on itself. When this happens, the beginning of a media event ends up appearing at the end of the same media event for a micro-second, which creates a flash.

2. Accidentally applying 2x transitions very close together - zooming in down to the Frame by Frame level will reveal if this is the problem.

3. Setting your Project Properties to one Frame Rate (example: 25fps) and then rendering to a different Frame Rate (example: 29.97fps). Before you begin a render, always make sure to press the Customize button and check the frame rate setting.

4. Don't render to .mov! Magix AVC/AAC .mp4 is what you should be using.

5. As Eric has suggested, sometimes rendering with GPU Acceleration turned ON, can cause render problems. The cause is often because of compatibility problems with the Graphics Driver you have installed and the model of Graphics Card your computer is using. Example: Some Nvidia Driver versions have bugs that cause problems with Vegas.

Solution #1 = Turn GPU Acceleration OFF - go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration = OFF, then re-boot Vegas to accept changes.
Solution #2 = Make sure your Graphics Card Driver is up to date OR install an older version of the Driver.

*If none of these suggestions help, I recommend you upload a copy of your Vegas .vf project file and copies of your image files to Google Drive and then share a link to the files so I can download them. If you have a Google/YouTube account, you already have free access to Google Drive file sharing service.

This forum post explains how to upload and share files with Google Drive:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/2396-project-in-vegas-pro-17-not-responding#12191

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
10 Jan 2020 08:11 #3

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by dje on topic Poor quality rendering

Thanks for the responses.

Eric asking about the GPU pointed me in the right direction, reinforced by Derek. The Nvidia adaptor/driver is the culprit. I hadn't given any thought to the GPU possibly being the problem; my primary display adaptor is Nvidia but I have a secondary Intel one as well. By swapping to that it renders fine & as an added bonus it's a fair bit quicker too!

Thanks for the help

Cheers

David
10 Jan 2020 10:20 #4

• Thank you received: 1349

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Poor quality rendering

Thanks for reporting back :)
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
10 Jan 2020 12:02 #5

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.