VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Selecting an event without moving the shuttle

Selecting an event without moving the shuttle was created by garyslens

Posted 18 Jan 2020 04:01 #1
Perhaps this is a very noob question, but I can't seem to find an answer. Is there a way to click on an event on the timeline to select that event (clip) without moving the timeline shuttle to that location? I find myself placing the shuttle at the point I want to split the event (clip) and then trying to select the event so that it is the one split. It's getting frustrating because after spending time trying to get just the right moment and then realizing I haven't selected the event, clicking on the event moves the shuttle on me and I'm now in the wrong spot. Grrr...
Last Edit:18 Jan 2020 10:34 by garyslens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Selecting an event without moving the shuttle

Posted 18 Jan 2020 10:58 #2
Hi garyslens - welcome to the MSZ forum

*Moderator Edit: I have deleted your duplicate 2nd message.
New users are in moderation (messages are not public) until I know you are not a spammer.
All your new messages will now be public immediately.

I do remember when I first started using Vegas in 2008, getting frustrated with selecting media/events and cutting the right event.
Unlike many other video editing programs, Vegas allows you to grab hold of the Timeline Cursor at any point from the top of the timeline to the bottom - not just above the Timeline Ruler.

Step 1
Select the exact event (piece of media) you want to cut first, using the mouse pointer, which will turn into a little hand.
The event will then be highlighted by a yellow border, to show you what has been selected.

Step 2
Now hover the mouse pointer on top of the Timeline Cursor - a horizontal arrow pointing to the left-right will appear.
Hold the Left mouse button down and drag the timeline cursor into position.
OR
Use the Left/Right buttons on your keyboard to line up your cut

Then press S for Split.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 13:22 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.769 seconds