VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Combining multiple videos on one screen

• JoeBW
  • JoeBW's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Combining multiple videos on one screen was created by JoeBW

Posted 28 Jan 2020 00:01 #1
I recently saw a fairly simple technique used by the BBC on their Ski Sunday programme, for combining 2, 3 or 4 videos onto one screen, a bit like a postcard, as below.

I was thinking this could be useful for showing some vertical (phone) footage alongside some standard landscape shots.

I have VMS15 Platinum, and tried several things, including the Picture-in-Picture feature (even 2 PIP tracks), or instead resizing videos on multiple tracks above a white background. None of these were straightforward or simple to get the exact effect.

Could anyone suggest the most efficient way to achieve the effect, as I suspect I'm missing something obvious!

Many thanks

Last Edit:28 Jan 2020 09:07 by JoeBW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Combining multiple videos on one screen

Posted 28 Jan 2020 04:20 #2
Hi JoeBW!

Try this Tutorial that Derek (a.k.a. Dr. Zen) created for Vegas Pro. It is from 2015, but is still quite applicable to today, and the best thing? Works with Movie Studio!

Good Luck!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, JoeBW

• JoeBW
  • JoeBW's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by JoeBW on topic Combining multiple videos on one screen

Posted 28 Jan 2020 06:33 #3
Excellent - many thanks. That was exactly what I was looking for. Hadn't used track motion, which is of course a fundamental part!

(Great tutorial Derek - very easy to understand - thanks)
by JoeBW
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Combining multiple videos on one screen

Posted 28 Jan 2020 09:14 #4
Thanks Mike :)
Thanks Joe :)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Jan 2020 09:14 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.856 seconds