Solved Combining multiple videos on one screen

• Thank you received: 1
I recently saw a fairly simple technique used by the BBC on their Ski Sunday programme, for combining 2, 3 or 4 videos onto one screen, a bit like a postcard, as below.

I was thinking this could be useful for showing some vertical (phone) footage alongside some standard landscape shots.

I have VMS15 Platinum, and tried several things, including the Picture-in-Picture feature (even 2 PIP tracks), or instead resizing videos on multiple tracks above a white background. None of these were straightforward or simple to get the exact effect.

Could anyone suggest the most efficient way to achieve the effect, as I suspect I'm missing something obvious!

Many thanks

28 Jan 2020 00:01 #1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 209
Hi JoeBW!

Try this Tutorial that Derek (a.k.a. Dr. Zen) created for Vegas Pro. It is from 2015, but is still quite applicable to today, and the best thing? Works with Movie Studio!

Good Luck!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
Asus X399-e ROG Strix /2950X/64 GB Corsair/XFX Radeon VII/SoundBlaster Zx/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. Vegas Pro 17 Edit/Vegas MSP 16 Suite/SoundForge Studio 12.6/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/Hitfilm Express 14. Intel 750 PCIe with OS & Apps, Samsung 960 & 970 1TB EVO PCIe for source footage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, JoeBW
28 Jan 2020 04:20 #2

• Thank you received: 1
Excellent - many thanks. That was exactly what I was looking for. Hadn't used track motion, which is of course a fundamental part!

(Great tutorial Derek - very easy to understand - thanks)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
28 Jan 2020 06:33 #3

• Thank you received: 1436
Thanks Mike :)
Thanks Joe :)
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
28 Jan 2020 09:14 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.