Question Movie Studio 14 Platinum Steam Edition - How do I stop my default audio being changed every time I boot-up the application?

• Thank you received: 0

Movie Studio 14 Platinum Steam Edition - How do I stop my default audio being changed every time I boot-up the application? was created by CoalWorker

I have the Vegas Movie Studio 14 Steam Edition.

Everytime I start the application, anything I'm listening to like music running on the PC cuts out for a moment and then returns. But if I'm running another application like TeamSpeak or Discord, I have to manually change my audio devices to either Default or my current headset in those applications to hear and be able to speak again.

In itself, this poses no issue to editing at all, but I would really like to know if there is a way to disable this from happening because it's quite annoying to go to my settings everytime.
02 Feb 2020 17:30 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1352

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 14 Platinum Steam Edition - How do I stop my default audio being changed every time I boot-up the application?

Hi CoalWorker - welcome to the MSZ forum :)

The problem you are describing can affect many different types of programs that are using different Audio Drivers.
A lot of programs cannot share the same "audio space" in Windows at the same time, which is why you experience the audio drop-out.

It is very complicated how this works, so there is no easy solution.
When you boot up a program like Vegas that is using Audio Drivers, the best thing to do is not have any other programs open at the same time that also use audio drivers.

I do recommend you set Vegas to use this Audio setup!
Go to Options/Preferences/Audio Device
I recommend setting Audio Device Type = Windows Classic Wave Driver
Then make sure Default Stereo and Front Playback Device = your Default Speaker setup

Also check your Windows Sound Settings
Open the Windows Control Panel
Set View by = Large icons (top right corner)
Select Sound
In the Playback tab, you can set different devices as Defaults or not.
It can get very complicated, but you can experiment with different settings here to see if it makes any difference.

Ultimately, it is best to have no other programs running when you are using Vegas.

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
04 Feb 2020 12:24 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.