Solved Picture in picture Vegas Movie Studio 16

• Thank you received: 12
Not long had Movie Studio 16 and am trying to get my head around PIP. What I am trying to achieve is to position the PIP in one of the corners of the main video not slap bang in the middle of the main video. I would also like to be able to change the size of the PIP. Sorry if this topic has been covered befor.
Dave
25 Feb 2020 06:31 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 209
Hi Dave,

I don't have any of those "fancy" video replies like the Doc has, so hopefully can assist this way.

On the track with your PIP, make sure it is Highlighted. Then, on the "LEFT" side (where the hamburger button is, or the shown icons for use), click on the "fx" symbol. Again, do this on the track fx, and not on the clip. That should open the "dialogue box" for the "dockable window", of which then, you should be able to use the "Preview Window" and not only re-size, but re-position as needed. Not sure if the Doc has a tutorial on this, though I do believe there is one on the VegasCreativeSoftware forum site under "Tutorials", as well as one on their YouTube channel (listed as Vegas Pro).

Plus, think this may have been asked on this forum, so have fun and do a little search - find - conquer! :)

Happy Editing!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
Asus X399-e ROG Strix /2950X/64 GB Corsair/XFX Radeon VII/SoundBlaster Zx/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. Vegas Pro 17 Edit/Vegas MSP 16 Suite/SoundForge Studio 12.6/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/Hitfilm Express 14. Intel 750 PCIe with OS & Apps, Samsung 960 & 970 1TB EVO PCIe for source footage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
25 Feb 2020 09:43 #2

• Thank you received: 1436
Thanks @mmcswnavy24 :)

To further what The Chief has explained, here are some screen shots.

If you ever need to do more complex "Picture in Picture" or Multi-Screen effects, I recommend watching/reading this tutorial.
This tutorial uses the traditional Event Pan/Crop and/or Track Motion tools.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/546-multi-screen-video-fx-sony-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
25 Feb 2020 15:49 #3
Attachments:

Mike, Many thanks for the prompt and very helpful response. I was initially a bit puzzled by your reference to the "hamburger" icon, but now I can't see that icon without seeing a hambuger os possibly a "Big Mac". Even my wife was impressed by the results !
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24
26 Feb 2020 00:46 #4

Many thanks for the helpful screen shots, I am very happy with the results
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
26 Feb 2020 00:47 #5

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.