VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Watching a rendered project at 2x speed

Watching a rendered project at 2x speed was created by huskereurocat

Posted 25 Mar 2020 02:49 #1
Once I upload my rendered mp4 file to you tube I can watch the finished project at 2x speed, but not before. I was wondering if there is a feature in MSP that would allow me to watch the rendered video at 2x speed before I upload to YT. That takes a lot of time for a project that might be a 30 minute video, only to find out that you made a mistake in editing and you have to render & upload again.
Thoughts?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:26 Mar 2020 11:16 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Watching a rendered project at 2x speed

Posted 25 Mar 2020 16:14 #2
You can change the playback rate for the Vegas Preview Window.

In the bottom left hand corner, right-click in the tiny triangle and select 2
Everything will now play back at 2x speed.

Most Media Players outside of Vegas also support variable playback speeds.

VLC is a popular free media player.
www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
Right-click playback bar and go to Playback/Speed/Faster

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Watching a rendered project at 2x speed

Posted 26 Mar 2020 05:58 #3
Thanks Derek. I was more primarily interested in viewing the finished project after rendering in a video player, so I installed the VLC option that you mentioned and it works flawlessly.

Thanks again!!

As an FYI, Windows Movie & TV nor Windows Media Player have the variable speed option, that I could find anyway.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by kbosward on topic Watching a rendered project at 2x speed

Posted 27 Mar 2020 00:00 #4

huskereurocat wrote: As an FYI, Windows Movie & TV nor Windows Media Player have the variable speed option, that I could find anyway.

Windows Media Player does allow you to change the playback speed. Right-click in the window and you will find it under Enhancements > Play speed settings. However, I have not found any method to adjust the playback speed in the Movies (now Film) & TV app.

Ken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.995 seconds