VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Muffled sound

Muffled sound was created by huskereurocat

Posted 10 Apr 2020 10:12 #1
I'm trying to create a muffled sound like I'm hearing a clip from the other side of a closed door.

Does anyone know what effect would I use to create that?

Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:10 Apr 2020 17:55 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Robbie on topic Muffled sound

Posted 10 Apr 2020 15:13 #2
Hard to advise for sure without hearing the actual clip but generally you would be wanting to remove the higher frequencies and probably allso removing or taming some of the mid tones. A low pass filter would be a good place to start if you had one but maybe try the Parametric EQ starting with:
  • Filter Style - High Frequency Shelf (this filter will cut the volume of all frequencies above the Cutoff Frequency)
  • Cutoff Frequency - 300Hz
  • Transition width - 1.0 oct (determines how quickly the frequencies above the cutoff drop to the desired level)
  • Amount - minus 45dB (determines how much higher frequencies will be cut)
  • Output gain - start at 0dB and reduce if required (determines the volume of the frequencies below the cutoff)
Play around with the parameters, particularly the Cutoff Freequency and the Amount slider, and see if you can find the sound your looking for.

Cheers, Robbie
Last Edit:23 Apr 2020 15:31 by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.695 seconds