VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved A Cropped video doesnt fill the screen

• r0brwy
  • r0brwy's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

A Cropped video doesnt fill the screen was created by r0brwy

Posted 10 Apr 2020 20:41 #1
Hello, now using Vegas Editor version 16. I am trying to crop a video to remove extraneous image from the edges. Tried both the pan/crop and the fx methods. The crop appears to have worked, but when I render the movie the image is reduced in size leaving a black margin around the image. I want the cropped image to fill the screen but cant find out how to achieve this. Any help much appreciated. Kind regards
Last Edit:14 Apr 2020 19:38 by r0brwy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic A Cropped video doesnt fill the screen

Posted 10 Apr 2020 21:09 #2
There is no programme called Vegas Editor. Presumably you have Vegas Movie Studio 16.

Are you using the Platinum version and have you perhaps placed your clip on the PIP (Picture In Picture) track? If so move it to another track or remove the PIP FX from the track if you don't need it. Also check in the Event Pan/Crop box that you have "Stretch to fill frame" ticked under "Source".
by ericlnz

• r0brwy
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by r0brwy on topic A Cropped video doesnt fill the screen

Posted 10 Apr 2020 22:44 #3
Hello, Thank you so much for your reply and for the extraordinary speed with which you came back.
Of course you guessed correctly and it is Movie Studio 16 platinum which I have.
Your suggestion that the "Stretch to fill.." option may not be selected proved to be the answer.
I had not realised that the option existed.
Thanks again, I am most grateful.
by r0brwy

Replied by ericlnz on topic A Cropped video doesnt fill the screen

Posted 11 Apr 2020 12:57 #4
That's interesting because I find the 'Stretch to fill frame' option is always on 'Yes' by default. Maybe you altered it at some stage.
I note my memory let me down. There is no box to tick. It's a dropdown option! I also find 'Maintain aspect ratio' is always on Yes by default.
by ericlnz

• r0brwy
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 11 Apr 2020 18:55 #5
Hi, Thanks for your posting. I was unaware that there was such an option until you told me , but my teenage granddaughter has been playing with the program so possibly she changed it. I cant think of any other explanation. I'll ask her next time I see her.

Thanks again for your help.
by r0brwy

Replied by DoctorZen on topic A Cropped video doesnt fill the screen

Posted 14 Apr 2020 19:49 #6
I'm not sure if you have found a solution yet ?

If you haven't, it's important to check your Project Properties have been set correctly.
What is the Frame Size you are using ? Example = 1920 x 1080

Accidentally creating Key-Frames in the Event Pan/Crop window can also be a cause of your problem.
If this has happened, your crop may not be fixed and is actually zooming in/out slowly over time.

If you can't work it out, please upload a copy of your .vf Vegas Movie Studio project file.
It does not contain any video, but will show me all of your settings.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• r0brwy
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 14 Apr 2020 20:58 #7
Hello,
Thank you for taking the trouble to post . I'm most grateful. Actually, the reply above from ericinz solved the problem for me. Nonetheless I was glad to have your reply as it furthered my understanding of how Pan/Zoom works. The way in which various parts of the application interconnect is still something of a mystery to me and your reply has filled in one of the gaps for me.
Thanks again .
Kind regards
Last Edit:14 Apr 2020 20:59 by r0brwy
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.719 seconds