VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio 16 trying to register again

Movie Studio 16 trying to register again was created by D4Stone

Posted 08 May 2020 05:38 #1
How to Fix Vegas Movie Studio 16

I installed Vegas Pro from the internet thinking it was an upgrade to my Vegas Movie Studio 16. Of course I could not get it up and running. It stopped at the point where you insert the serial number provided. Ultimately I removed the Vegas Pro 17 software from my computer by going to Control Panel to uninstall it. After it was removed. I tried to start my Vegas Movie Studio 16 program and using the shortcut on my task bar tried to open it. I was presented with the screen from the Vegas Pro program that wanted the registration info with the serial number. I need to know how to get past this problem.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Last Edit:08 May 2020 10:25 by D4Stone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 16 trying to register again

Posted 08 May 2020 10:32 #2
Hi D4Stone

Vegas Pro 17 is definitely an upgrade, but not if it was a pirated copy!

Did you install a pirated "cracked" version of Vegas Pro 17 or did you download the official free trial from Magix ?
If you installed a pirated version of Vegas Pro, it has probably destroyed the Windows Registry for Magix programs on your computer.
The only solution to this problem is to re-install Windows 10 and all your programs.
I have a tutorial on this topic here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/548-how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10

If you need to re-install Windows 10, make sure to first backup all your data.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by D4Stone on topic Movie Studio 16 trying to register again

Posted 08 May 2020 16:14 #3
Hi Derek,
I’ll try to explain better. I purchased Vegas Pro 17 as an upgrade mistakenly thinking it was a special deal for me to get the pro version of Vegas. I have the Vegas Movie Studio 16. So I paid for the upgrade and installed it but could never get it to run. I contacted Magix support for help but was unable to get it running. I finally decided to ask for a refund and uninstalled the software. They refunded my money.
Now when I try to run Vegas Movie Studio 16 it immediately brings up a registration form where I put in my serial number and email address and select register and then it leaves this message. I don't know how to attach photo of screen shot. Thanks for your quick response. I am going to try to figure out how to attach a photo. Also the first couple of inches on the left side of the writing space is greyed out and the typing is there underneath. It goes away when I preview it. I'm sure you have instructions for using this site so I will look for them
Last Edit:08 May 2020 19:07 by D4Stone

Posted 08 May 2020 16:56 #4
I'm getting there...attachment for message above. Screen shot when I try to load movie studio 16

Last Edit:09 May 2020 12:52 by D4Stone

Posted 08 May 2020 19:15 #5
You must have your computer connected to the Internet, for registration to work.
It looks like your virus protection program is blocking Vegas from phoning home to the Magix server.
All virus protection programs have the ability to temporarily disable the Firewall and Protection.

Re-boot your computer.
Disable the Firewall.
Then try and register Vegas.

If it works, remember to re-enable the Firewall.
If it doesn't work, you need to contact Magix support and ask them for help.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D4Stone

Replied by FayFen on topic Movie Studio 16 trying to register again

Posted 08 May 2020 23:33 #6
And you should pixelate much better your S/N if you want to keep it.
Maybe DrZen could help.
by FayFen
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 09 May 2020 00:28 #7
S/N was intentionally blurred for purpose of this message.
Thanks
by D4Stone

Posted 09 May 2020 03:22 #8
I tried rebooting, turning off firewalls, etc. Problem still exists. I just sent a very descriptive explanation of my problem to Magix Support so we'll see where this takes us.. Fortunately I still have Movie Studio 15 loaded on my computer and it is working. Appreciate all that you do to help Derek
You're the best
by D4Stone

Posted 09 May 2020 13:08 #9
I have re-uploaded your screen shot with the serial number fully blurred out.
In your original upload, you could actually read the slightly blurred characters.

While you patiently wait for Magix to help, I have another out of the box suggestion. I have no idea if it will help, but it is worth a try.
If I am remembering correctly, there is a setting in Windows Security Settings (Windows 10), that can block some normal functions

Press Windows Start button (lower left)
Select Settings cog
Select Update & Security
Select Windows Security (left column)
Select Open Windows Security (top)
Select App and Browser Control (left column)

Turn OFF Check apps and files

Now see if you can register Vegas.
More than likely this won't fix your problem, but it is worth a shot, because I have a vague memory this setting can block legit programs sometimes!

If this does not fix your problem, I think your problem is in the Windows Registry - it has probably become corrupted and only Magix support can help with something like that.

Last Edit:09 May 2020 13:11 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: D4Stone

Posted 09 May 2020 14:53 #10
Problem Solved...Derek my friend, you are a genius. That fixed the problem so I can use Movie Studio ver 16 Thank you ever so much
Don
by D4Stone

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds