VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Out from behind a tree

Out from behind a tree was created by Richiev4

Posted 01 Jun 2020 04:05 #1
Hi

I'm trying to get some text to appear from behind a tree but can't get the masking to work correctly. I've attached what I've got o far.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Rich

File Attachment:

File Name: ForestRegion.zip
File Size:2,313 KB
Last Edit:04 Jun 2020 00:33 by Richiev4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by FayFen on topic Out from behind a tree

Posted 01 Jun 2020 14:58 #2
You need to invert your mask
by FayFen
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by ericlnz on topic Out from behind a tree

Posted 01 Jun 2020 19:30 #3
Presumably you want your text appearing left to right. But your forest pan is travelling in the opposite direction. Try reversing it. I obtained the attached quick attempt using a white mask and Pan/Crop keyframes.

File Attachment:

File Name: Forest2.zip
File Size:2,157 KB
Last Edit:01 Jun 2020 19:31 by ericlnz
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by Richiev4 on topic Out from behind a tree

Posted 02 Jun 2020 00:07 #4
How do I invert the mask? Clicking mask effect doesn't do anything....or am I missing something?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Out from behind a tree

Posted 02 Jun 2020 10:09 #5

Richiev4 wrote: How do I invert the mask? Clicking mask effect doesn't do anything....or am I missing something?

If you use Vegas Pro, this is what you can do - this function is not available in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.
To invert a Mask, the Mask must first be activated.
Then change the Path Mode = Negative

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Jun 2020 10:57 by DoctorZen

Replied by ericlnz on topic Out from behind a tree

Posted 02 Jun 2020 10:44 #6
That's only in Vegas Pro? VMS only has Bezier Masking FX and that doesn't have invert as the Vegas developers consider it a Pro differentiation!! A decision I consider pathetic. Both Cookie Cutter and Mask Generator in VMS have the ability to invert. And what's the use of anything that selects an area if you cannot invert it?
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Out from behind a tree

Posted 02 Jun 2020 10:58 #7

ericlnz wrote: That's only in Vegas Pro? VMS only has Bezier Masking FX and that doesn't have invert as the Vegas developers consider it a Pro differentiation!! A decision I consider pathetic. Both Cookie Cutter and Mask Generator in VMS have the ability to invert. And what's the use of anything that selects an area if you cannot invert it?

Thanks Eric :) I have added a notation to my reply above.
I just answered a big batch of questions and most of them were for Vegas Pro, so I got fixated on Vegas Pro.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by FayFen on topic Out from behind a tree

Posted 02 Jun 2020 15:24 #8

ericlnz wrote: That's only in Vegas Pro? VMS only has Bezier Masking FX and that doesn't have invert as the Vegas developers consider it a Pro differentiation!! A decision I consider pathetic. Both Cookie Cutter and Mask Generator in VMS have the ability to invert. And what's the use of anything that selects an area if you cannot invert it?

Eric, they set the differences by tossing a dice, if odd the feature in if even it's out.
by FayFen

Replied by Richiev4 on topic Out from behind a tree

Posted 02 Jun 2020 23:26 #9
Thanks, I've found an alternative method. I duplicated the background and placed it in front of my text, then masked that.... Seems to work quite well.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.257 seconds