VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Workflow Suggestions - how to copy generated media into a new project

• PBlue
  • PBlue's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
I would like to save my Generated Media and some events (still images) from one project in a series to another. What is the best procedure to do this?

In the past I saved the original project as a separate "template" project and then stripped out everything that I wouldn't repeat in the next project. This seems clumsy, so does anyone have a suggestion for a better workflow?

Thanks
Last Edit:21 Aug 2020 11:41 by PBlue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi PBlue - Welcome to the MSZ Forum :)

You can actually copy events from one instance of Vegas into another.

1. Open the original project you want to copy events from.
2. Shrink the Vegas desktop by clicking Vegas tab in bottom Windows Taskbar.
3. Launch Vegas Movie Studio from your desktop a 2nd time - this will open a second instance of the program.
4. Go back to original project and copy event you want to use - hold shift down and select parts you want to copy.
5. Now go back to 2nd instance of Vegas, then right-click and Copy into empty timeline.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Oct 2020 14:01 by DoctorZen

• PBlue
  • PBlue's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the advice.

Once I create the new project, can I import this into each new project in the series (as the .vf file)?
Or do I have to copy and paste as I did when creating the "base" project?
by PBlue

Once I create the new project, can I import this into each new project in the series (as the .vf file)?

If I am understanding you correctly, it sounds like your thinking is now looping back to your original question.
If you have Generated Media Events you want to use in the multiple projects over and over again, it would be better to just create one Template Project with everything saved in it. Open this .vf template project to start each new project. As soon as you open it, re-save it immediately with it's new unique project name and then start working on the new project. Keep doing the same thing for each new project.

If you upgrade to Vegas Pro, it does support the import of Nested Project Files.
Nested Project Files are perfect for re-using Text Intros and stuff like that.
When you import a .veg project file like it was a video in Vegas Pro, if you then also opened the original Template File and made changes to it, it would automatically update everything in the new project.

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum does not support the import of Nested Project Files.

You use the method that works best for you !
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds