VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Hotkey for returning to the last spot

Hotkey for returning to the last spot was created by huskereurocat

Posted 14 Oct 2020 14:29 #1
I know that there are the little buttons for going to the start of the timeline and one for going to the end of the timeline, but it would really be nice to be able to, once I have gone to the end of the timeline and pasted a copy of a clip, to return to the spot that I started at. Right now the alternative is either going the start or manually moving the little bar at the bottom back to the place you were before. Is there a hotkey for that?

BTW, is there a faster way of posting a copy of your screen to this forum other than making a jpg or png of it and attaching that pic?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:15 Oct 2020 15:24 by huskereurocat
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Hotkey for returning to the last spot

Posted 15 Oct 2020 15:27 #2
My mind is blank at the moment, so I'm not sure if such a shortcut exists?

One solution I do use myself, is to add temporary Markers on the timeline while I am editing.
Press M for Marker to add a marker point.
Once you have finished editing, you can delete them.

BTW, is there a faster way of posting a copy of your screen to this forum other than making a jpg or png of it and attaching that pic?

You must first create a screen shot on your own computer. There is no way to skip this step.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Replied by FayFen on topic Hotkey for returning to the last spot

Posted 19 Oct 2020 20:12 #3
CTRL+home/end
by FayFen

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Hotkey for returning to the last spot

Posted 19 Oct 2020 20:34 #4
That gets you to either the start of the time line or the end of the timeline, not the place that you last were at. But thanks anyway!
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:23 Oct 2020 14:03 by huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.782 seconds