DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved I can't get MS 13 to install. Always get an error message

Replied by faylc on topic I can't get MS 13 to install. Always get an error message

Posted 08 Oct 2014 05:27 #11
Spotmom, although this did not happen to my Sony Movie Studio 13 installation, but something similar happened to one other software I tried installing in my old laptop. The story goes like this:

I bought an HP DV6 laptop when it first came out a few years ago and it had a 500GB HDD in it. A couple of years ago, the HDD broke down, so I replaced it with an 128GB SSD. I did a clean install of Windows 7 Home along with all the necessary software that I needed. There was one software I could not get it to install, which was an VPN software for work. There was nothing wrong with the certificate or security or anything, but I just could not get it to install. I tried installing the software in 5 other different computers with Windows 7 (but with HDDs) and they all worked fine. Then I complained to the vendor of the software and they outsourced it to an IT subcontractor, who found out that HP itself has a mechanism (which does give a warning when first booting through the BIOS) that prevents certain software to install if the replacement hard drive is smaller than the original hard drive's capacity.

So the IT subcontractor bypassed that limitation for me by tweaking something in the Windows registry (he did a lot of things and I am not an expert to know exactly what he did).

Hopefully you're not in the situation like mine...
by faylc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Spotmom on topic I can't get MS 13 to install. Always get an error message

Posted 08 Oct 2014 07:33 #12
Well, last night I finally got it to install! I went to use my version 11 (after uninstalling it and having no luck installing 13, restoring version 11) and it wouldn't work entirely properly. So...I uninstalled it again, reinstalled it, then on a whim tried to reinstall 13 again. This time it went through. Something in my version 11 must have been broke and reinstalling it made it work. Of course now I can't find my serial # and Corel is not answering the "send my serial" emails. At least I have an order record. On to the next fight!
by Spotmom

Replied by DoctorZen on topic I can't get MS 13 to install. Always get an error message

Posted 08 Oct 2014 12:23 #13
If you created a Sony Creative Software account, you can access all your activation numbers by going to My Account - My Software.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Spotmom on topic I can't get MS 13 to install. Always get an error message

Posted 08 Oct 2014 16:05 #14
I already did that. They have my version 11 serials, but not the ver 13, I suppose because I could never get it installed and activated. They are supposed to send it to me based on the invoice number, but I never get any email from them. Not a spam filter issue either. Time to open another support case.
by Spotmom

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.878 seconds