VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved 1440p render settings

1440p render settings was created by huskereurocat

Posted 14 Nov 2020 09:33 #1
The unthinkable happened. I normally have all my settings for VMP 16 saved in picture form and not only did I have to install a fresh copy of win 10 on my OS drive, I somehow lost those pictures from my user file. Not even Backblaze had a copy of them. I don't know what happened. So I'm faced with recreating my settings. I think I have everything the way that I want it aside from the render settings.
I'm rendering my 1920x1080 project to 2560x1440p as I normally do, but for some reason it render VERY slow and I'm sure that I have something wrong in the set up. Can someone tell me if this is set up correctly?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:31 Dec 2020 10:28 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic 1440p render settings

Posted 14 Nov 2020 13:30 #2
Personally I would never recommend using CBR (Constant Bit Rate) for rendering any video.
This will create a larger file size and is far less efficient.

Try changing to VBR - high quality.

You're also using the Nvidia encoder.
The Nvidia Driver may have a changed something ?
Personally, I don't always get reliable renders when using Nvidia for some unknown reason.
I recommend using Nvidia Studio Drivers if you are mainly a content creator and not gaming intensively on your computer.
www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Also make sure your Project Property settings match identically !!!
If the Frame Rate is out just by a little, it will slow render quite a bit.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Replied by huskereurocat on topic 1440p render settings

Posted 14 Nov 2020 20:16 #3
The last comment about the project properties being the same....does that mean that you shouldn't render a 1080p game capture as 1440p? My project properties are this currently because that is what my monitor is capable of recording at. I was under the impression that I could render at a higher resolution and it would make the render a little sharper looking when I upload to you tube. Is that not accurate?

Oooooo, I just found the VEGAS Sharpen fx. That might bring out the clarity that I was looking for while still rendering in 1080p. Thoughts?

My vid
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:14 Nov 2020 20:51 by huskereurocat

Replied by DoctorZen on topic 1440p render settings

Posted 15 Nov 2020 08:59 #4
Yes it's OK to set Project Properties at 1080p and render as 1440p, if that's what you want to do.
Just know that doing this will definitely make your render times a lot slower, because there is more processing involved.

There is also the Smart Upscale FX you may like to apply as a Media FX.
Read Help article in Vegas.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Replied by ericlnz on topic 1440p render settings

Posted 15 Nov 2020 12:34 #5
I suspect 'Smart Upscale FX' is only in Vegas Pro as I cannot find it in VMSPlat 17.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 15 Nov 2020 12:42 #6

ericlnz wrote: I suspect 'Smart Upscale FX' is only in Vegas Pro as I cannot find it in VMSPlat 17.

I would concur with that assessment. I can't find it in VMSPlat 16 either. I may need to be satisfied with the results of the regular VEGAS Sharpen fx. Thanks!!

Replied by ericlnz on topic 1440p render settings

Posted 15 Nov 2020 19:28 #7
When sharpening with USM don't overdo it. Probably a value less than the "Light' preset may be best.

Also applying the sharpening before upscaling will probably give a different result to applying after upscaling. Try both to see which you prefer.

From memory applying USM as an Event Video FX results in VMS, on rendering, upscaling then applying FX. But if you add USM FX as a Media FX the sharpening is done at the media's resolution before upscaling.
by ericlnz

Posted 15 Nov 2020 20:44 #8

ericlnz wrote: When sharpening with USM don't overdo it. Probably a value less than the "Light' preset may be best.

Also applying the sharpening before upscaling will probably give a different result to applying after upscaling. Try both to see which you prefer.

From memory applying USM as an Event Video FX results in VMS, on rendering, upscaling then applying FX. But if you add USM FX as a Media FX the sharpening is done at the media's resolution before upscaling.

Found out the less is better thing already.
Check out My Vid link from above and see if you think it made a good impact. I applied the VEGAS Sharpen FX to the video tracks so that it would be a global FX on that entire track. Is that correct? Or do you mean apply in as a Video Output FX in the setup setting above the preview window?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.976 seconds