VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Event Pan/Crop changes not showing in Preview window

Event Pan/Crop changes not showing in Preview window was created by PTDevon

Posted 18 Nov 2020 08:09 #1
Hi All,
Here I am once again, struggling with something that's extremely basic. All I am trying to do, for the first time, is inset an image onto a project, and I want to make the image take up the full screen size. I use event pan and crop and zoom in. There is no option I can see to save, but when I play through the preview window, the size of the image has not changed. Please please give me a clue.. what can be the reason for this???

I was watching Dereks beginner video (MSP13) at this point when I tried on mine. I then watched someone else's 9 minute video specifically on event pan and crop, but while that was interesting, it didn't help me understand why a simple size change of an image on my project was not / is not changing the size of the image in the preview window...

Bound to be something incredibly basic but I just cannot see it.

Thanks!!

Paul
Last Edit:18 Nov 2020 10:46 by PTDevon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by PTDevon on topic Event Pan/Crop changes not showing in Preview window

Posted 18 Nov 2020 08:30 #2
Sorry if anyone has started to reply - No need!

I've gone into the settings on maintaining aspect ration and whatnot. The right ratio didn't exist as a preset. Got over / round this particular issue for now. Very pleased!
Last Edit:18 Nov 2020 10:46 by PTDevon

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Event Pan/Crop changes not showing in Preview window

Posted 18 Nov 2020 10:50 #3
I have edited the title of your forum post, to reflect the actual problem.

If you get stuck in the future trying to understand the Event Pan/Crop window, I highly recommend you read/watch this tutorial I made here.
It explains how to use Event Pan/Crop and Track Motion, to achieve more complex screen placements.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/546-multi-screen-video-fx-sony-vegas-pro
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Dec 2020 10:28 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.794 seconds