VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to swap files in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14

• UJ80s
  • UJ80s's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

How to swap files in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 was created by UJ80s

Posted 11 Dec 2020 05:47 #1
Using vegas music studio PL 14. I would like to know the procedure to replace a video clip or image WITHOUT changing the length and properties of a video clip or image that has already been placed in the timeline. I have a project saved from years ago and want to update the images but don't want to start from scratch, keeping all the same properties. I want to change the file only.
Last Edit:11 Dec 2020 10:49 by UJ80s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to swap files in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14

Posted 11 Dec 2020 10:56 #2
To swap media in a project, go to the Project Media tab.
Find the video/image you want to swap, right-click and select Replace.
Now navigate to the new file you want to use and select it.

Make sure to use Save As when re-saving the project and also create a new file name, so you don't get the old a new versions mixed up, in case something goes wrong.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Dec 2020 10:29 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: UJ80s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.713 seconds