Solved How to make a Still Image event last 3 minutes?

• Thank you received: 6
Derek the Zen Master,
I once again come seeking guidence.  I have a very long image which is text of a "timeline of events" that I want to stretch to be 3 minutes long.  I want to use the pan tool to move down the "timeline" image.  When I put the image on the movie studio v15 timeline it's 1 second long.  If I hold cntrl and swipe the right edge of the image it stratches the image to 5 seconds.  How can I stretch it to 3 minutes ?
17 Jan 2021 14:11 #1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1447
That's an easy one!

Don't hold the CTRL key down when dragging the end of the event.
When you hold the CTRL key down, that is equivalent to slowing down the playback speed of a video.

Just drag the image event until you reach 3 minutes on the timeline.
Then open Event Pan/Crop and drag your end key-frame to the end.

You can also turn on Event Length readout in the hamburger button located in top right corner of event, to make it easier to see when you reach the desired time.

(Moderator Edit: I changed the title of your post to be more descriptive of the problem)
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
17 Jan 2021 17:19 #2
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 6
Ugg, of course.  Haven't edited in a while.  UR in New Zealand correct ?  U going to Prada cup ?  IC crowds with no masks enjoying themselves.  So jealous.  The US is a total mess.  Trump screwed us all horribly.  Your competent government did it right.
17 Jan 2021 17:45 #3

• Thank you received: 1447

Ugg, of course.  Haven't edited in a while.  UR in New Zealand correct ?  U going to Prada cup ?  IC crowds with no masks enjoying themselves.  So jealous.  The US is a total mess.  Trump screwed us all horribly.  Your competent government did it right.

I live in Australia. I'm Australian. New Zealanders are our brothers/sisters across the ocean.
COVID-19 is pretty much under control in Australia and New Zealand.
There are strict quarantine conditions here - anyone that arrives must be quarantined for 2 weeks.
Small outbreaks do keep happening though, when it "leaks" out of quarantine hotels - then isolation and lockdowns happen to contain outbreaks as quickly as possible.
The federal government in Australia has been paying everyone who lost their jobs due to lockdowns, a regular fortnightly payment (approximately $2000 per month) - not a pathetic one off payment.
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
18 Jan 2021 12:13 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2021 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.