VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Opacity Keyframing

• dje
  • dje's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

Opacity Keyframing was created by dje

Posted 21 Feb 2021 10:22 #1
Hi,
Something I thought would be simple but much to my surprise it looks live VMS doesn't allow keyframing on opacity (please correct me if I'm wrong!).

What I want is my opacity to drop from 100% to 30% over a time frame of 5 seconds & then hold it at 30% for a couple of seconds before transitioning to my next clip. Unless there's an effect I haven't found, the only option I can see is to split the 5 seconds into lots of sections & reduce the opacity of each section. Seems like an awfully clumsy way to go so is there a better (read much quicker & easier) way of doing this?

Thanks

David
Last Edit:21 Feb 2021 14:13 by dje

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dje
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by dje on topic Opacity Keyframing

Posted 21 Feb 2021 10:43 #2
Found it! The color corrector (secondary) effect allows me to keyframe the alpha channel. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether this is exactly the same or not but it seems pretty close, good enough for my needs anyway.

David
by dje
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

Replied by ericlnz on topic Opacity Keyframing

Posted 21 Feb 2021 11:44 #3

dje wrote: Found it! The color corrector (secondary) effect allows me to keyframe the alpha channel. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether this is exactly the same or not but it seems pretty close, good enough for my needs anyway.

David

That's useful to know.   The other way is to use the track Composite Level envelope which you can keyframe and "Lock envelopes to events".  But I much prefer to have any such adjustments attached the Event, not the track.  So I'll try your method next time.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• dje
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by dje on topic Opacity Keyframing

Posted 21 Feb 2021 12:14 #4
Glad it might be of use to you. I must confess I didn't even think of looking at track options; I couldn't find composite envelope as an option for the event & therefore assumed it was a Pro only thing so your response has been helpful to me too.

Cheers
Last Edit:21 Feb 2021 14:14 by dje

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.778 seconds