VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Export Issues (Movie Studio 16)

• davisc27
  • davisc27's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Animator/Artist
  • Thank you received: 0

Export Issues (Movie Studio 16) was created by davisc27

Posted 15 May 2021 13:47 #1
Hello,
I just got Movie Studio 16, have finished editing my video, and have come across some errors with exporting:
  1. I cannot export to MP4, which is my preferred format. When I try to export with MP4 selected, I get the error "The reason for the error could not be determined".
  2. I can export to other formats, but the final video resolution will not match what I have edited my project to be. My project is in "Tall" format (1080x1920), but the export defaults to 3840x1260 and cannot be changed. There does not seem to be any way to force it to export in the custom resolution.
Is it possible to get this to work? If it can't be exported to Mp4 that's no big deal, I have other software that can convert it. But I need to have the video exported to the same resolution I edited it in.
Last Edit:16 May 2021 13:32 by davisc27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Export Issues (Movie Studio 16)

Posted 15 May 2021 17:45 #2
Are you using Vegas Movie Studio 16 or Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 ?

The non-platinum version is only very, very basic and does not allow customization.
I have never recommended anyone buy this version.

If you have the Platinum version, you can customize anything you like.
I can say more, once you reply back.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• davisc27
  • davisc27's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Animator/Artist
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by davisc27 on topic Export Issues (Movie Studio 16)

Posted 15 May 2021 23:39 #3
Well that explains it. I got Movie Studio 16 as part of a Humble Bundle offer thinking I was getting some huge deal. I knew there had to be a catch somewhere. Luckily I didn't pay much for it as a result.

I come from using Premiere and abandoning Adobe software due to the price, so I'm definitely from a more advanced background. I must say though, aside from the export issues, this program has been pretty handy and could have proven useful as-is.

I think I will go ahead and buy Vegas Pro 18 since I can upgrade it at a discounted price. Still way cheaper than Adobe.
Last Edit:16 May 2021 08:15 by davisc27

Replied by Robbie on topic Export Issues (Movie Studio 16)

Posted 16 May 2021 10:34 #4
I take it you didn't get the full Humble pack that included both MS16 and MS Platinum 16?  Before buying VP18 do give the free trail a run to satisfy yourself it does what you need in terms of resolution, format and and  variable frame rates from your camera fotage .  I'd also suggest looking at the trial version of MS Platinum (currently 17 but 18 may not be far away) as it is quite a step up from the basic version. Oh, and if you do buy, purrching through the links on the Forum Banners helps the site :-)
Cheers, Robbie 
by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.798 seconds