VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Error Creating Video Proxy with new update for Movie Studio Platinum 17 (Build 221)

The recent update for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 causes an error when "Creating Video Proxy" upon import of HD content. In my case 4k MP4. It worked fine before the update. I had to uninstall Vegas and reinstall it back to the previous version. Works fine again, but I have to keep dismissing the new update prompt every time I start the program.

Anyone else experiencing this? Never happened before newest update.

"Unsupported video format cannot create video proxy."

Thanks
Last Edit:01 Jun 2021 12:30 by jmatsilv
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi jmatsilv

I can confirm the same error with the new build update for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 (Build #221).

I have sent a message to Magix and will report back to you, once I get an answer.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 12:07 by DoctorZen

I've contacted Magix and got three useless questions as responses. That's why I'm asking here now. 

But hopefully you'll fair better than me with a useful answer.

Cheers!

I have direct contact with one of the developers for Vegas, so I'll be able to get a sensible reply from him.
He's always been extremely helpful when problems arise.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Any update on this? I am experiencing the same issue.

I thought my install was messed up so I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole program to only wind up with the same result.

Hopefully there is a fix soon.

I did get a reply from one of the VEGAS developers.
They are aware of this new bug with creating Video Proxies, after the #221 update is applied.

An update will be released, but I have not been given any time frame of when that will happen.
I'm sure they will be wanting to get this fixed ASAP.

I will post a message here when the update is released.

Oh perfect! Yeah I just had to go back to the previous build for now. Build 221 is completely useless for building proxies.

Last Edit:06 Jun 2021 03:01 by jmatsilv

I'm also having a problem with creating video proxies for MSP 17 but can't go back a build as I've only just upgraded to 17.
Fortunately I have MSP 16 as a back up, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

• ets
  • ets's Avatar Offline
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6
hi
is there already more news for a fix?
me too have disabled proxyfiles but this slow down my editing process.
regards
emmanuel

by ets

is there already more news for a fix?
me too have disabled proxyfiles but this slow down my editing process.

I have sent off a new message to Magix, asking for an update.
I will report back when I get information.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.982 seconds